Day 31, August 19

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Okay gang, what can I (or we) do to liven things up in here?

I know my own pattern is to be all gung ho for three weeks then gradually slip back into old habits then after a month of gaining back everything I've lost, I get all gung ho again. So I'm looking here for inspiration to avoid the backslide.

I need an exercise mini-challenge. As the weather is changing and the lake getting cold, I'm finding every excuse not to swim. I could drag myself to the gym, and should, but man oh man my joints are flipping killing me right now, especially my hips, knees, and ankles, and driving anywhere and then all the walking involved in getting into the gym and then into the pool... it feels overwhelming. I know, I know... don't whine without a plan! So what's my plan? Well... I'll let the sun warm up the lake a little more and then drag myself in and stop being a baby about it. In the meantime, I can have a good cry and feel sorry for myself for an hour. As my shrink would say, "Feel your feelings!" instead of eating them.

I need to reconstruct several days and put my points in the spreadsheet. I ate some Croatian Jim brought home (oh! Hahahahaaa.... my phone changes the weirdest stuff... that is supposed to say" some crap that") and stupidly ate sugar which set off horrible cravings. Detoxing today. I think I stayed within in calorie range though. I hope so!

Soooooooo.... someone challenge me to something please?
Karen

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am no help Karen...I am not doing that well with exercise either. I am sticking with the calorie intake, but I also need a kick in the behind to move me!! Swamped at work, dead tired when I get home. Will wait to see what someone else comes up with!! lol
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Well I am always partial to a wet noodle fight (no not the urban dictionary definition), but I have a feeling that not the sort of thing your talking about.

Hmmm... i'll have to think about that.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I challenge you to not eat Croatians. I know it always seems like a good idea at the time, but you will come to regret it.

For a real challenge I am not sure. I would say try and find a seated Tai Chi video on YouTube or something to that effect. You probably have already tried it, but if you can't get to the gym or go in the lake it might be a solid option to get some exercise in.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Damn tasty Croatians.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking on the posting and exercise too. Life is just crazy right now. Trying to prepare for a girls trip this weekend. We are going to a wine festival where we are stomping grapes and everything with a gourmet 3 course meal cooked in front of us by a local famous chef. We also rented a cabin so we don't have to drive after all that wine sampling. We have been to the lake every weekend for the past month and just booked with constant things that when we do have down time it starts to feel odd and we emd up with our friends anyway. My husband is ready to stangle me over this because he like to just sit and be a couch potato. I only have a couple more weeks to prepare before my parents will be here and we are heading to San Antonio. So, like I said busy planning and doing and trying to stay on track. The scale is trending down but messing with the same 5lbs. So slow to come off. I might go to the gym tonight depending on how my husband feels. Right now I am working from home because he had a bad reaction to some meds and we had to come home.

Hang in there Karen. Keep your end goal in sight. You just have to make it tp that surgery date!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Well, gave myself a little pep talk and realized that I've been having fevers and flares for a solid 8 days, ever since I randomly decided to lower my dose of prednisone (mostly to dump some of the fluid in my legs but also to lessen my appetite). I feel like crap most of the time anyway, so the transition from crap to super crap was barely noticeable, although in retrospect, I can see how it has affected my exercise routines. Sooooooo... just took some more prednisone and will jump in the lake shortly and will do the same the rest of the week.

No sense falling apart in the final stretch toward my surgery date or more than halfway through the 50-50.

Thank you all for your support.

Anyone else need a pep talk?
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Nah....I just need a new life!! lol.....not really, I will get my 'mojo' back this weekend!! I am trying to go to bed early to make sure I get my sleep in (5-6 hrs and I am awakened automatically and that is it for me...can't fall back asleep). So if I can get some solid hours of sleep in, and have a good talking to myself...I will get back on track. Glad you got your swim in!! And Karen..no messing with your medications please. Especially prednisone!! I think we all have this tendency to think we can 'do with less' if we are feeling a big better or worse or whatever, and self medicate or play with dosages...but we really shouldn't unless our lab values are ok or physician says it is ok (but they are not always right either....that is another subject!). Just keep movin' and go forward towards your target date for surgery. By the way...when is the BIG day?????

You guys are awesome! I love just reading your posts....no matter how big or small!! Kind of nice to know that you guys are out there in cyberspace somewhere!! lol

Have a good night!