New here!

Options
Lecaste
Lecaste Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone! Just joined the group today saved wanted to introduce myself. I'll be getting the gastric sleeve in September or October and I'm really excited about moving forward, now that I've finally gotten off the mental fence I'd been straddling for the past two years. My doctors and I know surgery is the best option for me, and it feels good to be hopeful about the changes to come.

42 years old, 5'11, 303 lbs today, highest of 330 in '09, goal 165. Never had a weight problem growing up, but started to struggle in mid-20s, which coincided with issues that eventually were identified as several autoimmune conditions. They went undiagnosed until 2013 and by then my thyroid, joints, and weight were a mess.

The 15th is my 60-day check up for my 90-day medically supervised diet insurance requirement. Went to seminar last week and do my first surgeon/clinic visit on the 18th. Things are humming along!

Glad to be a part of the group. Lots of good info and support here, and I need both. Good luck to all!

Replies

• ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started at pretty close to you. I started my 3 month supervised diet at 315 and then started my pre-op diet at 300. I went into surgery on 7/29 at 290/291. I've only weighed myself once (officially) since surgery and was down to 285. From my unofficial weighs this week, I am confident I will be under 280 by Monday. This group is very supportive and informative. Feel free to friend me!
  • Lecaste
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! Friending now...
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hope the best for you. Let me know what I can do to help.
  • Lecaste
    Options
    Thanks Victoria!
  • 5555price
    5555price Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Had my RNY in April. Feel free to add me :)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done 3 years ago, weighed 386 at my largest, 226 today and continuing to work toward goal of 160. Love my sleeve and my only regret is waiting so long to do something about my obesity.

Pat