Snacking

Options
I have a desk job and find it hard not to stop and snack on something. Sometimes I can chew some gum and that seems to help the cravings - anyone have some good advice on what are some healthy treats?

Replies

• rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible for that too, I have however, swapped the crisps and biscuits for almonds and grapes / tangerines and a litre bottle of water. It's early days and I am still craving the carbs, but hopeful it will wear off soon........... Still feel hungry though!!
  • glammaliscious
    glammaliscious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the afternoons I usually have a snack of a fruit and some light yogurt. Lite popcorn is a good snack as well. I also like the WW string cheese (jalapeno) with some baked crackers.
  • cher192
    cher192 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to keep almonds at my desk or an apple. I drink at least 8-12 oz's of water with my snack. This seems to work for me.
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I sit all day long for my job. I have switched to drinking only water and lots of it. I have found that adding lemon/lime juice to it helps me drink more when in turn helps me not to be as hungry.
  • MKS92411
    MKS92411 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Auddygal
    Auddygal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruits! I've also enjoyed Nutri-grain or FiberOne bars. Even bringing peanut butter with celery sticks is yummy and nutritious, too! Pretzels, Chex Mix, all kinds of goodness.

A good suggestion is go to Pinterest and look up healthy snacks for the office! :)
  • shayjay91
    Options
    Veggies, fruits, almonds...I also keep a bag of Beef Jerkey at my desk. Good source of protein.
  • PerkyTonny
    Options
    I have a desk job and find it hard not to stop and snack on something. Sometimes I can chew some gum and that seems to help the cravings - anyone have some good advice on what are some healthy treats?

If you cut out sugar from your diet, you will discover that the craving will disappear. I use to crave sugar a lot and couldn't control my appetite but these days I have gotten a lot better. But I still notice that each time I have a bite of some sugary stuff, I loose control and would binge the whole day. I end up feeling bad. So for me, the best way is not to have a taste at all especially when the food is within reach. I hope to have better self control soon.