Workout Challenge

Options
I try to burn 300 calories every time I workout. Whether it's running, cycling, walking, or anything else - it helps to put things in perspective when that 300 calories can basically cover a meal!

Yesterday I ran/walked 3 miles and burned 300 calories. Today I plan on cycling for about 45 minutes which usually burns 300 calories.

I am proposing a 1st week kick starter challenge for the group! I have a nice little mini-facial treat for the person in the group that completes the most 300 calorie burning workouts this week. You can post what you did each day or one post with all exercises listed for the week. I will review everything on Monday and announce the winner!

Hopefully this will motivate everyone and help to exchange workout ideas!!

Replies

• KimAdda
    KimAdda Posts: 5
    Options
    I am in Dublin Ireland, so I doubt I can enter your competition to win. However, I will try to burn the 300kcal/day!

Good luck to everyone else :)
  • cher192
    cher192 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many calories you burn doing a a full body workout with just 5lb weights. I do manage to get in at least 3000-6000 steps a day.
  • MKS92411
    MKS92411 Posts: 11
    Options
    A inexpensive heart monitor can help tell you how many calories you are burning but I will take your workout!! :)
  • MKS92411
    Options
    I did a cycling workout last night - 37 minutes at about 90-100 rpm's and heart rate at 80% = burned 300 calories! It was a tough workout but I did it while watching one of my recorded shows, which made the workout go by much faster!

Anyone else come up with any other good workouts so far this week??
  • KimAdda
    KimAdda Posts: 5
    Options
    My everyday routine: I do 20min of high intensity cardio (so my heart rate gets up to 170) and then I mostly do strength training. Women should be lifting heavy weights! The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.
  • deeann611
    Options
    I'm on board. I usually do a mix of elliptical/treadmill and lifting weights. I know I burn more than three hundred calories per workout so I will log it each day
  • MKS92411
    Options
    So - since it was the first week - I will extend the workout challenge for this 300 calorie burning challenge through the next week. Log as many as you can by Sunday and I will send a prize to the winner!