Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favourite & least favourite CrossFit moves?

Replies

• bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    we haven't done handstand push-ups yet but I am terrified of falling on my face!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    we haven't done handstand push-ups yet but I am terrified of falling on my face!

Probably one of the last things I will try. I'm not dropping 280lbs on my head. I won't really feel comfortable doing it until I'm 40-50lbs lighter, if then.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Favorites- any heavy Oly lifting (C+J is my favorite), pull ups, t2b, and double unders

Least Favorites- Rowing (I would rather run anyday), wall balls, and I also have a love/hate relationship with HSPUs and ring dips since they are two things I'm focusing on right now since I can only do a couple RX at time of each
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Favorites: Squats, Cleans, Jerks, Handstands (against the wall lol), Box jumps, Ring Rows (I haven't tried banded pull-ups yet but I've gotten very good at ring rows).

Favorite thing to work on: Running. I hated and i mean HATED seeing any running on the board when I got to WODs the first few weeks, but now I love it because it's such an easy thing to work on

Least favorite: Wall balls and thrusters, I can't breathe when I'm doing them and burn out after like 8 reps. T2B only because I don't have grip strength and I slip off the bar every other rep. Anything with an overhead bar (Snatches, OH squats) makes me extremely nervous so I still use only the 33lb bar and don't try to put weight on. I'm afraid I'll tweak my shoulders or back if I move the wrong way while that bar is up there. Plus I've smacked my head on the bar a few times and that sucks.
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Love lifting, favorite WOD is Pick your Posion
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    I love long WODS - 20 to 30 mins with lots of different movements to keep me motivated. Love O/H squats, deadlifts, box jumps & handstand PU.

Used to love pull ups until I blew my shoulder out - their off the menu for the next forseeable future.

Hate running & thrusters .. with ... a ... passion....
  • bregrig
    recently had to do burpee box jumps... add that to the list of things I hate.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Those are on the board for us tonight.

The WOD is performed in 2 parts:

Part 1, starting at minute 0:
    Run 800m for time

(rest the balance)

Part 2, starting at minute 6:
    AMRAP 8
    8 Burpee Box Jumps (24/20)
    8 Wall Balls (20/14)
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Favorite: anything involving heavy weight (including thrusters)

least favorite: anything slightly gymnastic related (pull-ups, t2b, muscle ups, etc.) and/or extremely endurance related (running, rowing, burpees etc.)

This!
  • sayhitostephz
    Maybe I shouldn't comment. I'm still very new to CrossFit and can't really say I've found any move that I like. That is mostly because I'm still quite a bit overweight and out of shape. BUT, that's kind of the point isn't it. What I can tell you is that I feel pretty damn good at the end of a workout because I know that I'm improving each and every time. Also the people I work out with have been very encouraging Joe

Bravo! I'm also quite a bit overweight and love CF. You'll find stuff you like!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Love: Snatches, Clean & Jerks, Heavy Squats (front/back/overhead)

Love-Hate: Thursters, Burpees, T2B
  • bregrig
    Those are on the board for us tonight.

The WOD is performed in 2 parts:

Part 1, starting at minute 0:
    Run 800m for time

(rest the balance)

Part 2, starting at minute 6:
    AMRAP 8
    8 Burpee Box Jumps (24/20)
    8 Wall Balls (20/14)

that is awful!!!! burpee box jumps AND wall balls!!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    I love anything where we are lifting heavy specifically: deadlifts (all variations), bench. Also love sled pulls and farmers carry and rowing, slam balls
    Hate - running, box jumps, burpees
    Just not strong at - snatches and OHS

Yesterday we did a partner WOD of 30 power cleans (95/65#), 30 Pull ups and then an 800m run for 3 rounds. It sucked. I switched out ring rows for pull ups and rowing for running since i am just under 12 weeks out from a broken foot and still modifying things.
  • bregrig
    we had to do something last week called 2fer wall balls. i have a new least favorite exercise haha
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Favorite is wall balls
    Least favorite is thrusters or maybe lunges.
  • sayhitostephz
    Favorite is wall balls

This is interesting because I feel like wall balls and thrusters are essentially the same movement lol I hate both! :)
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Favorite is wall balls

This is interesting because I feel like wall balls and thrusters are essentially the same movement lol I hate both! :)

True that!

Favorite is anything bodyweight (muscle ups, HSPU, burpees, rope climbs)
    Least Favorite is box jumps
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    I don't really 'hate' any Crossfit moves although there are several I'm terrible at and some I can't do at all (muscle-ups, pistols and others).

There are others I simply refuse to do and choose to adapt to protect myself from injury. For example, I haven't bothered to learn kipping pulls-ups because I think the risk of injury outweighs the benefit. I also swing KB's to eye level instead of overhead for the same reason.

My goal when working out is to push the intensity to the max while preventing injuries.
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    I don't really 'hate' any Crossfit moves although there are several I'm terrible at and some I can't do at all (muscle-ups, pistols and others).

There are others I simply refuse to do and choose to adapt to protect myself from injury. For example, I haven't bothered to learn kipping pulls-ups because I think the risk of injury outweighs the benefit. I also swing KB's to eye level instead of overhead for the same reason.

My goal when working out is to push the intensity to the max while preventing injuries.

I am curious, and I ask because I had the same thoughts regarding kipping until I read an article on the breakdown of kipping and butterflying. What injuries do you foresee on doing proper kipping?
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member

I am curious, and I ask because I had the same thoughts regarding kipping until I read an article on the breakdown of kipping and butterflying. What injuries do you foresee on doing proper kipping?
    I somewhat agree on the kipping coment. I graduated from doing strict pull ups to kipping and after a few months of kipping I got bursitis in my shoulder and can only put it down to kipping. Now whether I didn't quite have the correct movement or due to a few weeks of doing them all the time I don't know - but now I have decided to forego kipping and sticking to strict. Not worth the down time although in WODs it sure is quicker.