is anyone else seeing higher calorie burn from their fitbit?

Options
itsbasschick
itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
today and yesterday i saw much higher calorie burn than usual from my fitbit one without doing anything different than usual. i have just under 7000 daily steps today, no more active minutes than usual, yet it would usually show around 260 calories burned and today it's now at 699 :-/

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Only because many have looked only at the MFP Exercise diary adjustments and talked about changes, just want to confirm you are looking at Fitbit site, and if through the app, it has clearly updated?

Because mine is fine for the Zip, and the calorie burn method works the same way for all devices - BMR for all non-moving time, pace and weight for moving time.

Mine matches last Tue. Actually, disappointed I didn't get more since walking in and out working on AC unit today.

Has your setting for Calorie Estimation been enabled again by default?
  • emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine seems off, too. I walked over 10k steps today but it has me logged at having burned almost 4k calories, yet it only shows I walked 1.9 miles....that's weird. Looking back through the last few days they are all high as well. My scale sure isn't reflecting all of those cals burned!
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Wow, Emphoto, I just peaked at your public exercise dairy and could see today you have a crazy high adjustment of 1,872. That does seem unlikely. My fitbit account calorie burn, fitbit adjustment and ios app dashboard all are pretty normal and reasonable for my activity today. I wonder what is different? Are you using an app, if so which one? Do you have calorie estimation enabled or disabled? When you look at your fitbit activity log, is any logged activity only listed once?I guess I would email fitbit's customer service. It is odd that it is a problem that applies to some and not others which is why I asked some questions.