new user...calorie change

Options
newjensoon
newjensoon Posts: 116 Member
Hi,
I am a new user of the flex and I linked it to My Fitness Pal and now instead of My Fitness Pal saying I have 1200 calories at the start of the day it says IO have 1235. Why is that?
Thanks! :smile:
Jen

Replies

• emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you look at the bottom of your diary under Cardio Exercise, does it say Fitbit Calorie Adjustment?
  • newjensoon
    Options
    IN the Food Diary area it says at the bottom: *You've earned 47 extra calories from exercise today
    Is there any way to not have it add in extra calories earned?
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can disable calorie adjustments, but IMHO they're useful because they reflect your actual activity level vs. MFP's rough estimate so you don't have too big of a deficit.
  • newjensoon
    Options
    Thanks! Still new to all of this, do you mean calorie deficit?
  • newjensoon
    Options
    And if I decide to disable it, do you know how I do that? Sorry for all of the questions. :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You may find you need to change ur activity level. When. Started June 2013 I was set to sedentary once I got my Fitbit the end of June I found out I was really lightly active (and that was without exercise). I can usually have about 7-8k on lightly active before I start getting additional earned calories. At 10-12k steps I'm active.

The Fitbit really made me ware of what my activity levels really were.

Edit to disable the additional calories given to you from Fitbit you have to unlink them. Bc the reason for linking them to to adjust ur calories depending on ur activity level.
  • newjensoon
    Options
    Thank you! How do I unlink it?? :)