The power of snacks

Options
I know it sounds dumb, a group for snacks. But they're awesome! If I could I'd eat like 8 snack-size meals a day instead of 3 squares...and my 2 snacks :smile: But I'd be eating all day, and I practically do already.

But some times you just need a cheese stick, or some crackers and hummus, just a FEW calories to tide you over and stay in goal.

Am I the only one?

Replies

• griggs59
    Options
    nope you're not alone, i can snack all day long instead of eating regular meals
  • Renosu
    Renosu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No way you're the only one! I can't believe there not 1000 members in this group. I call it "grazing" and it's the worst part of trying to stay to healthy eating habits.
    Looking for some low calorie options besides carrots and celery :yawn:
  • griggs59
    Options
    i like almonds and pecans although you cant eat as many as you may want, i also snack on cherries, grapes, apples but im not sure if these are low calorie or not. I figure they are better than chips and sweets. also I think popcorn, like the healthy choice brand w/out butter is an option
  • saschiajohnson
    saschiajohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a snacker! I love em healthy or not lol. Im a fan of crunchy salty snacks like veggies straws or even fresh veggies and dips. I love cookies so I try to explore and get those fiberone snacks but im new at this whole watch what you eat thing. Lol so I dont always get very healthy snacks. But onward soldiers continue the good fight towards healthy lifestyles
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Im kind-of like a hobbit (without fur on my feet). I believe in eating 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast, 1st lunch...you get the picture :) I just plan it that way or I go totally out-of-control with snacking.
  • flgrace
    flgrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my worst problem :( Especially night time snacking - it can equal my day time calorie intake. Ugh.
  • felicamo
    felicamo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to snack. I eat mostly snacks instead of meals. Unfortunately, I don't always meet my daily calorie goals. What's worse...I drive for a living and I eat a snack every hour during my trip (6.5 hrs) and still don't have enough calories.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    No way you're the only one! I can't believe there not 1000 members in this group. I call it "grazing" and it's the worst part of trying to stay to healthy eating habits.
    Looking for some low calorie options besides carrots and celery :yawn:

Grazing :laugh: yes! I'll be shocked if we dont have more members soon. Snacks are just so good!! I do budget for late night snacks. And midnight turns a new day. Meet me at 2a for Special K crisps...
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    lol I call it grazing too. I'm trying to get myself out of it though, because I now struggle to finish a proper meal... and I don't even know if I'm hungry or just bored when I graze.
    I nibble on kibble lol,
    cacao crunch
    almonds, macadamias
    goji berries
    and protein balls
    I don't get hungry for junkfood though.
  • eomuno215in541
    Options
    lol I call it grazing too. I'm trying to get myself out of it though, because I now struggle to finish a proper meal... and I don't even know if I'm hungry or just bored when I graze.
    I nibble on kibble lol,
    cacao crunch
    almonds, macadamias
    goji berries
    and protein balls
    I don't get hungry for junkfood though.

That's healthy grazing! I was proud of myself 4 special K chips.
  • What a wonderful group I agree snacks are very important to our body thanks team
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's healthy grazing! I was proud of myself 4 special K chips.
    [/quote]

oooooh that sounds good - I will have to keep an eye out for those
  • Renosu
    Renosu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nibbled on a (normal) serving of Special K cinnamon/pecan dry cereal last night - that actually satisfied the hand-to-mouth craving and did the trick! AND passed up a beer, so altogether I'm feeling all holy and ****......... 3 days down; 8,417 to go.....
  • griggs59
    Options
    need some motivation to kick start an exercise program, i am SO out of shape so i need to start slow. I already walk, any other suggestions would be helpful
  • eomuno215in541
    Options
    need some motivation to kick start an exercise program, i am SO out of shape so i need to start slow. I already walk, any other suggestions would be helpful

How slow? When I started in Jan. I used sitting exercises off grandparents.com (not kidding). Now I gym 60-90 hrs 3x a week, cardio 30-60 3 days. Start with low impact. Try videos if you have cable/on demand, or youtube. Find 20-30 min routines YOU enjoy. More you like it, longer you'll keep doing it. Good news is the body conditions quickly and you'll be doing stuff you didn't think you could in no time.