Introductions

Options
This is a place to introduce yourself. Please give your name, school, year, major, height/weight, and goals.

I started this group for college students. I graduated last year but I was also a peer mentor in college so I know what it is like when you are first starting out. I am 6'2 250 I would like to lose weight, eat better, and exercise more to feel better.

Replies

• tanishabear
    tanishabear Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm Tanisha, I go to the Community College of Aurora but I'm a senior in high school taking only college classes. I'll graduate HS in 2015 and graduate CCA in 2016 with my AS. I'm 5'7 and I weigh 144 right now. My main goal is to lose weight- I hope on doing that through running, exercising more, and cooking more (or eating healthy packaged foods). Another goal is to get good at running and everything that the Army requires so I can get a almost full-ride scholarship thru vet school!
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My name is Cassie. I'm a senior at Middle Tennessee State University. I'm 5'4 tall weighing about 315. I began a healthier lifestyle back in Sept 2011. I lost 70 pounds within my first year but then I started to plateau with my weight for about 7 months around April this year I started to slowly put weight on about 40-45 pounds. This summer I have really set myself back when I sprained my knee twice this summer.I hoping to get back on track like I was and get as close to my goal weight as possible before I graduate college in May.
  • AZWrestlingFan
    AZWrestlingFan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tanisha and Cassie!
  • Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry I took so long to post!

My name is Lia and I'm 21 and majoring in Accounting. My husband and I both attend BYU Idaho and we are planning on graduating in two years. As far as weight loss goes, I am 5'1 and most recently 149 lbs. I would really like to get down to 110 lbs by valentines day. We are planning on backpacking South America next summer and it would be so much easier on my body if I got rid of these extra pounds. I really dislike running so I've been trying to take advantage of my school's pool to exercise and I'd like to get into strength training. If anyone had any tips I would really appreciate them. Feel free to add me!
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My name is Emily. I am a student at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay (Go Pack Go!). I will be a junior this year since I have already completed my associates degree. Currently I am studying human biology with an emphasis in dietetics. I already am a registered nutritionist in the state of Wisconsin. My future goal is to become a dietitian with an emphasis in sports nutrition, since I'm already a nut about sports :) I am 5'5 and 290#. I have went through a few bad things the last couple year which attributed to my weight gain, and I know I only have my self to blame. Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • AZWrestlingFan
    AZWrestlingFan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lia and Emily! We have some awesome people in this group now I just don't know what we should do with it?