Hello

Options
Hi Trim Healthy Mamas!
I am glad to see this group here. I have been making the THM switch since April. I have not been as successful as many on the THM fb page. I haven't given up. My one downfall is not being consistent with exercise. That is probably the only reason I have not given up with THM. I don't feel in my heart that I have given it my all with exercise and eating. I have done well on the food. I guess I just assumed that when me, an obese woman, gave up bread and sugar that the weight would fall off. Boy, was I wrong. My biggest success has been losing on the Fuel Cycle. So far, all I can claim that I have lost and kept off with THM is 8 pounds. Kind of disappointing, but I am pressing on. I know for sure that I eat too much, thus I will get back to logging my food in MFP journal. So, thanks to the creator of this page. It will be good for me to interact with those who are THM and keep an MFP journal.
Blessings,
Melanie

BTW. I am a homeschooling mom to 4. Married for 21 years to my Pastor. Kids ages are 17,14,8 and 5. I am getting my 17 year old to read THM and begin an exercise routine for a health credit in her schooling. :)

Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like.

Replies

• MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great welcome. If you know anyone else doing THM, please invite them. I want this to be a place to share recipes and encouragement.

BTW. I also homeschool 6 under 7. :)
  • mamatoelspeth
    mamatoelspeth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks like this group isn't very active but I hope you're still here! I'm one of those fluke people that doesn't eat enough and therefore my body stays in starvation mode. I was gaining, while exercising and hating but since going "mostly" THM I have stopped gaining. I'm not losing yet, but I'm not gaining. And then now I'm preggo with a rainbow baby so I'd like to Euterpe stay or go he right direction healthier. My food choices have always been healthy but not quite so natural as now and when I do it right I feel like I have to eat SO MUCH food. I need to learn to adjust and realize this is money that needs to be spent. We cannot just live off beans and cheap pasts forever.

I'm a beginning homeschool mama with a tot and a kinder.
  • suitepea225
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sharon and I have about 30 lbs to lose. I currently follow the THM way of eating. So glad to find this group. I have lots to learn. Have been THM for about 2 mos and haven't lost any weight to speak of. Clothes feel a wee bit looser but no lbs to show for it. I don't exercise and haven't been logging my food so grateful I found MFP and this group. Hope to get a better handle on things and watch my intake. In the past I am used to my "eating plan" telling me how much to eat as in the recipe saying how much makes a serving etc..THM recipes don't do that so I never know how much is too much to eat but this MFP diary will help so much! Good to meet you all and remember...Thru Christ we can do all things...even lose weight and get healthy!
  • toohot42
    toohot42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I was thinking about asking on the page myself if anyone was using myfitnesspal. I started in Oct. I have a lot to lose down 57 so far and loving the THM lifestyle please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • auntiekei
    auntiekei Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi my name is kay and unlike most people it seems doing THM I work a fulltime job as a certified nurses aide working the 3-11 shift.
    I have been doing THM since March 1 and at first didnt lose but in the last week i have lost 7.8 lbs
    Last year I lost 125 lbs counting calories and doing my fitness pal but then i gained 40lbs back and that is when i found THM
    but together we can all get to our goals.......
  • mamatoelspeth
    mamatoelspeth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Or rather back. I read my earlier post and with all the auto correct changes I cannot even decipher half of what I meant. LOL At this point I am 31 weeks, 4 days pregnant with gestational diabetes (3rd time) and only at 20 lb weight gain since pre pregnancy. Past pregnancies delivered at 37 weeks, 4 days and 37 weeks, 3 days... So here we come!

My BG has been fine until further along and then we started Glyburide. We've upped the dosage once, but I'm still at the lowest quantities. Right now I just cannot make sense of things. One morning I was an unexplainable 150, one morning 115, and then today 78. Most mornings are a varation of 80-86. No idea why the extremes this week. (ideally my OB is looking for 70-90).
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. I bought my THM about a year ago, but finally trying to stick it a 100% now. I'm not tracking my foods on MFP like in the past, but recording weight and measurements. I've also started using the blog feature to record my weight loss journey.
    I'm 5'6 tall and 33 years old. Please feel free to add me if you want.
  • mlcarton
    mlcarton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, I just started back today doing my thm and doing mfp. I have fallen away from doing anything good for me. Last week I joined the 30 day challenge that was on the fb page. I knew I needed to start somewhere. I needed to start this today because I was having trouble figuring out if I was having an E or FP dinner. I think that for me incorporating both together I might do better and succeed. When I was faithful to thm I didn't lose weight. I did however lost inches and felt so much better.
    Recently I got asked to start teaching a water aerobics class in the community I live in. So 3 days a week I have been doing that and now with the challenge I go to the gym 3 days a week. I am looking forward to getting healthy and hopefully losing weight. I have about 100 lbs to lose. My first goal is just to lose 25 lbs.

I am a 52 year old grammy and a wife to a wonderful husband. I have 3 sons and 9 grandchildren. My husband is very sick. He has so many problems that it will take forever to write all of his problems down. His major problem is he has early onset alzheimer's.
    If you would like you can friend me.
  • hollybk1
    hollybk1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Melanie! My name is Holly. I just joined the group and am getting back to the program. If you would like, you can add me as a friend too. I don't have children yet, but I love the program and think it is great for everyone.
  • eatingafterdark
    eatingafterdark Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a homeschooling mom of four, and have just started THM for the second time. The first time I only really did it for a week! I just turned 40 and really need to take the baby weight off ( my baby is 4)! I'd really enjoy the support of others that are on this plan. Feel free to add me if you're doing THM!