First full day home post-op...

Options
PapaJames
PapaJames Posts: 12 Member
First full day home after RNY and uncomfortable but not bad. I didn't sleep that well last night... lots of getting out of bed to pee. But I'm counting on a better sleep tonight! The post-op air bubbles seem to be subsiding this evening and that helps a lot. I've been able to burp and pass gas!

I am having a hard time getting my 50 ounces of water it today. An ounce or two fills me up! I had a quarter cup of decaf tea for breakfast, half a popsicle an hour later and a quarter cup of chicken broth for lunch. I just ate a popsicle for dinner and I'm stuffed!

The other icky thing is trying to get my crushed meds down. I tried it with jello this morning, but it still left a yucky taste in my mouth. I can start with my protein drink tomorrow, but I'm really doubting it will help. It'll get better!

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everything went well. All the things that you have described are normal, and you are right it will get better. Just remember the WLS moto sip, walk, sip, walk, repeat. Welcome to the other side and good luck on your new journey.
  • Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The first two weeks were really hard for me. Getting meds down was awful. I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life. My doctor tried to reassure me but I was not convinced. But the doc was right. Just keep the water beside you all the time. I could only take a few small sips at a time.

Glad you dis ok. Good luck
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Papajames.

Sorry about the icky taste of meds. Try letting ice chips melt in your mouth through the day or water that is slightly flavored. We're rooting for ya!