Typical Results???

Options
dewsmom78
dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
I started JM Body Revolution one month ago, (still on weeks 3 & 4). Here's where I'm at:

SW: 158
CW: 156 - loss of 2 lbs in 4 weeks.
GW: 130 (I am 5'3)

Inches

Waist: -2 inches
Hips: - 1/2 inch
Chest, thighs and calves are still the same.

I was really hoping for a pound a week loss. I am eating around 1300-1400 calories per day. Somes days I even do the elipitical machine for 10-15 minutes after I finish Jillian. I thought for sure I would see a greater loss after a month.

Any tips?

Replies

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm four weeks in, and weigh about the same as when I start. However, I also had a good two weeks where I seriously struggled with eating within my calories. I don't follow her diet, mainly because I'm an annoyingly picky and limited eater. I generally range between 1500 - 1800 calories. Over the next 4 weeks, I've committed to trying to stay on the lower end of that range, and I've also added an extra 20-30 minutes of cardio in the mornings before work. I have public events scheduled at the end of June, and am determined to see some major improvement.

Bottom line: I'm not the best case study, but I can totally commiserate with you. I take regular photos to monitor progress and haven't seen much in the way of visible changes yet, but I'm stronger and can feel how much tighter my arms, legs abs have become.
  • nikkik8806
    nikkik8806 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm still about the same as whenever I first started weight wise but I lost several inches in my waist and I can see improvement in strength. Also no following her diet plan. I'm going to be adding extra cardio workouts because I'd like to be loosing more. This is week 4 for me. I'm hoping (well not really *hoping*) that the workouts continue to become more intense and that's going to help with the weightloss.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! My weight has barely budged after phase 1! Tomorrow I will be done with my first week of phase 2. I have paid more attention to my eating, hopefully i can keep that up over this weekend. I also started running everyday and signed up for a 5k. Hoping that helps.

I seriously cried on Monday because I had gained one pound and I was starting phase 2!!! You guys all make me feel better now. Thank you!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    There's always more! If you are not feeling completely done by the end of it and sweating buckets than maybe try increasing weights or doing the more difficult version exercises.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    And 2 inches off the waist in one month is AWESOME :)
  • corimarie27
    Options
    I understand your frustration and expecting more of a loss- especially after how hard we work!! I just ordered body revolution and will be starting hopefully this week! But - the reason for my reply is because I have been doing jillian micheals DVD's 5 days a week for almost 3 months. ( BFBM 30DS RI30) I really didn't see a drop in weight until week 6. I'm on week 11 and I notice such a huge difference in my body and am about 10 lbs down.( I'm 5'9 163lbs ) there are days when I step on the scale and I don't see a weight change or even better yet --I GAINED weight?!!! It took ever ounce of me to push through and keep at it. I'm glad I did. I feel so good and strong and can not wait to see where I am in another 3 months. Do not let the scale discourage you! Good luck :)