8/14/14 - 8/20/14 Week Challange

Options
jjeanmneis
jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
I've seen a lot of folks want to start a challange so here we go. We'll start simple (baby steps):wink:

Lets start moving.

Goal: 4 days @ at least 30 minutes of moving/exercise this week.

I like swimming and walking because they are low impact. What other ideas does everyone have? Are you trying a new activity for the first time and loving it? Let us know.

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing this daily .. I go for a walk around the park by my house.

I also walk to the train station and from the train to work and back for my commute! I don't count this in my "exercise", but something I have to do (like cleaning my house). :)

This is the only exercise I'm doing ATM along with logging my food. Looking to incorporate more to the routine ;)

Thank you for getting the ball rolling on this, jjeanmneis!
  • jjeanmneis
    Options
    Well, I need something to help me too. It seem that if things don't go to plan that I give up. I kept reading about folks saying they wish there was a challange - So here we are. :laugh:

My daylight burned yesterday due to after school/work activities, so I was unable to go to the Y. I think my off days will have to be Wednesdays and Sundays.

My Plan A for the nex 7 days:

Thur: Swim Laps after Dinner 1 hour
    Fri: Swim Laps after Breakfast 1 hour
    Sat: Swim Laps before Lunch 1 hour
    Sun: off
    Monday: Swim Laps after Breakfast 1 hour
    Tues: Swim Laps after Breakfast 1 hour
    Wed: off

As you can see...I REALLY like swimming. Lol.
    I don't like to think about getting out in this nasty hot/humid weather. :noway:
    Plan B: I will however walk on the treadmill if weather keeps me out of the pool.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    60 minute walk in the morning before heading off to the county fair (2 blocks away and it is an awesome fair). Packed water, fresh veggies to snack on so no junk food and had supper waiting in the crock pot when we got back.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yum! Sounds like an amazing day!!

I'm so happy it's Friday, but on the other hand weekends are my biggest challenge .. I tend to fall off the wagon. I'm determined to keep my head in the game this weekend :)
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Thanks, it was fun! More so because I planned ahead and made healthy choices I could feel good about. I try to be very intentional about my food and exercise which helps keep me accountable to me. Enjoy your weekend!
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    I like swimming and walking because they are low impact. What other ideas does everyone have? Are you trying a new activity for the first time and loving it? Let us know.

I love swimming. I wish I could do it everyday cause I need something low impact. but my biggest challenge is putting on a swimsuit or excersising in public. I don't know how to break that fear but I am also so tired of feeling like I need to lose weight to be able to work out in public!! ARGH. However, for now I am still going strong working out at home. I have an elliptical and I love doing daily burn videos.
  • jjeanmneis
    Options

I love swimming. I wish I could do it everyday cause I need something low impact. but my biggest challenge is putting on a swimsuit or excersising in public. I don't know how to break that fear but I am also so tired of feeling like I need to lose weight to be able to work out in public!! ARGH. However, for now I am still going strong working out at home. I have an elliptical and I love doing daily burn videos.

I hate being in a bathing suit too, but my need to do something/love of water finally won over. I had that heart to heart with myself and said "i HAVE to exercise. What is something I can realisticely see myself doing almost everyday and having fun with so that I will go and actually do it?" - my answer was swimming, but it took almost 2 years to get myself to pay for the membership
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too, and I wear a bathing suit in public without issue (if you don't like it, don't look!!).....I was actually really excited for this summer because it is the first year my kids are old enough to be working and doing their own thing, and I am not responsible for their entertainment.....I planned on spending most of my free time at the pool this summer...

well, Mother Nature had other plans, and we have had the coolest summer in YEARS.....I have been swimming TWICE!! There was a third day I went and sat at the pool for two hours, but then gave up and left cuz it was too cold to get in!! NOT impressed....next summer will be better I hope! There have been more than two nice days, of course, but only two that I have been off work and able to actually get to the pool......
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Swimming or walking in the pool are my favorites for exercise. The water takes the weight off, but adds resistance, making the walking MUCH easier on the knees, but still very beneficial.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    How's everyone doing getting in at least 30 minutes a day? I'm getting 30 to 60 a day.
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    I got mine in today!!! 30 mins on the elliptical. I didn't get it yesterday but I miiiiiiiiiiight try to grab 20 - 30 more on the elliptical before bed tonight. :) How everyone else doing?
  • jjeanmneis
    Options
    Swam Laps for 2 hours (a break inbetween) I was so stressed when I got there but when I got out I got a cup of coffee in the Y's lobby then sat outside realizing all of that stress had melted away.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread for the first few days and also didn't exercise on the 14th-16th (although I did clean intensely for 4 hours on the 14th), but I've walked yesterday for 45 minutes and today for 56 minutes, so I'm on track to hit all 4 days of the challenge this week! :)
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options
    I was too tired to post in here yesterday when I got home, but I did all 4 days of the challenge! I only did a 20 minute walk on the 19th, but I did walk for an hour yesterday, so I think it evens out. :)
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Of course it does! What's the challenge for this week? Start a new thread for us!
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options
    I'm terrible at creating challenges or else I'd be all over it!