If I post exercise to MFP, does double my cal burned?

Options
So each morning I am doing T25, which includes a lot of running in place, lifting knees, etc. Fitbit is counting lots of steps during my workout. However, there are also times I'm doing ab work or non "walking/jogging" type movements.

If I log 25 minutes of aerobics in MFP and is says it burned 209 calories, does it add this on top of what Fitbit said I burned during that time, or do the two somehow know how to sync up and combine?

So is Fitbit calculating my 3000 steps and associated calories burned, PLUS 25 minutes of aerobics I logged and the 209 calories, so that my activity is counted twice??

Replies

• emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you enter exercise with calories burned into MFP, that will override the calorie info Fitbit has calculated during that time.

Eg say Fitbit calculates you burned 300 cals during T25 but you manually enter 209, the 209 will overide the 300.
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a similar question to this.

After two years of contemplating purchasing a Fitbit, I finally purchased a Flex last night. I've been wearing it all day today.

(Btw, I'm alarmed at how little I move during the work day)

So I got home and did my work out, and I thought that my work out would show up on my calories adjustment, but it didn't. It did say that I exceeded my 30 minutes of heavy activity, however.

So do I move so little during the day that my work out only serves to offset the lack of movement at work?

Or I still manually entering in my workout?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you want fitbit to show a specific workout you need to enter it in MFP which will the feed through to fitbit. Otherwise it will just show on fitbit as steps / active minutes. You will still get a calorie burn for it which should be more than if you were sitting down for that period.
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It ended up showing up later as a calorie adjustment.. several hours later.

Even still I didn't walk my minimum number of steps.
    How would it show up on my fitbit as a work out? I'm a little confused there.

It also didn't register my sleep last night, so I'm bummed about that; I'm sure it's something I did incorrectly.
    I was excited to check it out in the morning, but it said no sleep recorded :ohwell:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It ended up showing up later as a calorie adjustment.. several hours later.

Even still I didn't walk my minimum number of steps.
    How would it show up on my fitbit as a work out? I'm a little confused there.

It also didn't register my sleep last night, so I'm bummed about that; I'm sure it's something I did incorrectly.
    I was excited to check it out in the morning, but it said no sleep recorded :ohwell:

To start an activity record when you work out:
    - tap the flex until you feel a buzz and see two lights dancing back and forth
    - tap the flex when your done to end it
    **the activity record will only show up on Fitbit's site, you will still only see the basic fitbit adjustment here on MFP (your workout calories will be taken into account in the adjustment)....the activity record will show start time, duration, calories burned, and steps taken during your workout

To start sleep mode:
    - tap the flex until you feel a buzz and see two lights dancing back and forth
    - tap the flex when you wake up to end it
    or
    you can turn it on and off in the iphone app (possibly the android one too)
    **sleep information won't show up on your dashboard until the next time you sync and it sometimes takes 10-15 mins for it to show up
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that explanation.

My Flex hasn't recorded a Sleep period yet, so I have logged the time manually each morning.
    Still it is interesting to see how active it says I am at night.