Fitbit not synching to MFP FIX

Options
argize18
argize18 Posts: 1 Member
This is what fixed my synching problem and I hope it might help you too!

I received the following email from MFP Tech Support:

Hello,

We apologize for this consistent issue. This could be happening do to an expired 'token' on Fitbit's end. To refresh your token, please:

- First unlink your Fitbit from you MFP account once more
- Then Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
- Click the gear icon, then settings
- Next click Applications
- Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button
- Finally go back the the MFP site and relink your Fitbit device

This should refresh your link on both sides, instead of just one. Please let us know if you see any changes.

I hope this info is beneficial to someone else out there!

Replies

• goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have done all that multiple times, but still fitbit stops syncing with MFP, one of the things that irritates me is the fitbit correction is based on some amount of steps I have taken during the day and projects how many I will take for the rest of the day, but this projection is always completely incorrect because I work nights. Of course I don't have many steps in the morning particularly on my first night of work, I was asleep all night and went back to sleep at noon, so for example today I am projected to have 2100 calories for the day, I rarely have less then 2500 and usually up to 3000 calories or more for the day but the fitbit correction never changes, it is still saying my projected calories for thursday was 2416 based on 1547 calories on 3:18. My actual calories from fitbit that day were 3283 but it never updated in MFP. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting as directed below and the MFP things are going over to fitbit including the calories I ate and the water I drank but there are still many days that fitbit never updates this correction. I have had ongoing problems with fitbit syncing with the dashboard and contacted support with no satisfaction at all, mostly I have to manually force a sync and now the link to MFP is going down periodically.