loss is working after reset!

Options
I got on the scale today and another loss for the week (.5/week is the goal). This is while eating an average of 2400 a day last week! I'm 5'3" 142# and have an active job, 3 kiddos, and fit 4xs/WK.
And despite being two months into a cut I am still seeing gains at the gym...last week I did 60 strict pull ups (pull up without a kip). This time last year I could only do one.

It took me two months of cutting to really stop feeling whiny about eating (a bit) less. And now I'm feeling like I'm on a roll!

So thankful I found this group and that I'm giving myself adequate nutrition!

Consistency is hard but I know it will be key to my long term goals.

Thank you all for your support! I love this community!!
~mandy

Replies

• kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, so happy to read about your progress! I know how you feel about getting used to a cut, haha.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! What fantastic gains with those pull ups! Sigh, so dreamy :wink: I'm up to 5, myself :laugh:

It's folks like you that are such an inspiration for my own journey to gain the LBM, strength, and fuel my body honorably. YAY! :drinker:

ETA: Bah with the cut. I just finished week 12, and I am so done, lol. Reset/recomp starts September 1! (Ticker is a lie--that's my "bottom/never gonna go below" number).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, 60, that's incredible. Doing sets I could get to 30, but then I'd be doing batches of 5 or less for a long time to get to 60. and i better be allowed to just sleep the next day.

Congrats on making past the fun reset and back to deficit eating, such a bummer at the time, huh.

Wait until you actually do a bulk and eating 250-300 more daily. For sure take some weeks at maintenance before going to deficit, just for the mental bummer of not taking what feels like a 500 cal deficit.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Mandy!! Thanks for sharing this!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This post is so full of AWESOME! So happy for your success! Thank you for sharing...
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! And I should have been more clear the pull ups were not unbroken but in sets. I can only do 8 at a time and it took Forever to finish!