What are you geeking over today?

Options
I've been geeking out over RWBY for a solid while now. I was able to sit down with my bro and watch some of my favorite recent Disney movies since he hadn't seen them (Frozen, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog) so still geeking over that.

Also geeking over nature. We've been watching David Attenborough. :)

And I'm geeking over witchiness and unschooling and my family in general. Yes, I do that. I geek over my family because they're just that awesome.

What about you?

Replies

• Theotherkels
    Options
    Today I'm geeking over Star Talk Radio and Neil Degrasse Tyson's book Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier...so I guess in a way I'm geeking out over science :) Also geeking out over Sherlock, which is what I'm re-watching while I slog through my exercise this afternoon >.<

One should always geek out over their family!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm geeking out over a lot right now...life, in general <3

Shows, music (new releases), movies coming out that I just found out about .... beetlejuice 2!!!!

My partner making an addams family erotic fantasy sketch lol ....

getting a msg on mfp asking me if i want to join the hogwarts weight loss challenge... so so much good energy today

i do want to have a tv night...i'm going to watch maleficent, frozen and the lego movie....and then see if i can find the latest doctor who episode.

as for nature, i'm in love with how beautiful the scenery is where i live. I may want to leave for other reasons but i'm soaking up all kinds of beautiful landscape this summer

OH and Fall is COMING!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well I got to watch the new Doctor Who episode last night so I've been geeking over that since yesterday. Of course once it was watched I had to go back and watch The Day of the Doctor as well.....and then we watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.....I'm not sure how that jump occurred but it was a night of Sci-fi/Fantasy loveliness.

@Theotherkels- Sherlock.....most awesome choice....I can't tell you how many times I rewatched....especially whilst waiting for series 3.....

Also the picture in your ticker is AWESOME!!! :heart: Hoban "Wash" Washburn :heart: Sir I miss you still...

@Arshness :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Love Tangled, Frozen and The Princess and the Frog. All of them just made me happy but especially TPATF since it took me back to the original disney movies I saw when I was a kid.
  • lazieats
    lazieats Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @siratlas, which house are you joining? I'm in Slytherin!

The wife and I have been geeking on the anime Bleach for a long time now, but we've been marathoning episodes every night after the kids are in bed for the last month or so. (So glad they made it to Hulu!)

Hopefully soon we'll be all up in Doctor Who again, shortly. Gotta check itunes to see if the new episodes are starting to come up. We haven't seen 11's last episode yet, so we get to geek on that after everyone else. :)

And at this very moment I'm all about math. Factoring polynomials has to be one of the top five satisfying and soothing actions I can do. Seriously, I get all zen. I'm glad classes started back up (I say that now, but soon I'll be *****ing about numbers not making any sense.)
  • siratlas
    Options
    Gryffindor house is what the message said :) HOw are you enjoying the challenge??
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I geeked out over getting help reorganizing my bookshelves at school. I am such a bibliophile that I had to move all of my Art related books to school because we didn't have room for them at home with all my (and my Hubby's) other books.

Yup.
  • lazieats
    Options
    I love it! Being in a house is like a team sport, so even when you're just not feeling a challenge, you suck it up and do it for your house. The challenges are always challenging, but not impossible. And I just love the way they set the whole thing up. Tomorrow starts a Quidditch match between Slytherin and Hufflepuff and we are so raring to go! It's a lot of fun. And even though you're now a Gryffindor, I still wish you good luck and hope you have fun! :wink:
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am geeking out over the free kindle books on amazon.I am a book fiend and hoard books.
  • lazieats
    Options
    Today I am totally geeking out on the fact that my local nerd group is trying to find a restaurant that is big enough to hold our group. How cool is that?
  • siratlas
    Options
    @Lazieats, that's super cool that you have a group big enough that you're looking for an accomodating space!

I'm currently geeking out over:

AHS freakshow teaser trailer # 2
    Gotham starting up in the fall (WHAT?! I just heard about this last night)
    The possibility of the Evil Dead being made into a tv series
    Lego storage blocks that are stackable!!!!!
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm geeking out... because I'm finally getting my hair dyed again today. Bleaching again, colour... it's gonna be awesome. Pravana's colours are amazing. I could go on but I'd get so rambly haha.

I'm geeking out... because I saw two fry fish (babies!!) in our fish tank and I was able to net them and put them into the fry holder. (I need to set up my fry tank in my room, but I keep trying to postpone it so I can paint my walls... I don't know.) Anyway, the babies are SO SO SMALL too because they're guppy fry. Molly fry and platy fry are small too, but guppy babies are hard to see. I hope I'm able to rescue more if more are born, but... two rescues makes me happy.

I'm geeking out... because the local salon I've been dreaming of working at is hiring for both booth-rental-based and commission-based positions (the latter is what excites me since I have no $$ for booth rent). I've been postponing calling the salon owner for a couple days since it's 1) been a bad week (yay depression and college, not!), and 2) my hair is so grown out... but hopefully I will be brave enough to call her today.

I'm geeking out... because I'm gonna go get one of my Talenti gelato pint thingies (note: I am careful about portions, and I'm still counting the gelato for Thursday, long story, esp. since I was under on calories.), and play Sims 3 and let my foster kittens run around for a bit before I feed them and go to bed. I need to go to sleep PDQ so I can wake up early and go get the supplies for my hair today, haha.

Sorry I'm so rambly. :(
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Geeking out over "Charmed." I know it's not realistic and all, just interesting to watch. I am having a difficult time deciding if I should get the most recent season of Big Bang Theory (can't pick up the channel for it) or the Sims 4. I am also geeking out over having my reading glass so I can actually read and write now! (My handwriting is pretty small. On college ruled paper I can fit three lines of my writing between one of theirs.
  • siratlas
    Options
    Geeking out over "Charmed." I know it's not realistic and all, just interesting to watch. I am having a difficult time deciding if I should get the most recent season of Big Bang Theory (can't pick up the channel for it) or the Sims 4. I am also geeking out over having my reading glass so I can actually read and write now! (My handwriting is pretty small. On college ruled paper I can fit three lines of my writing between one of theirs.

aaaah charmed!!!!!!! *smiles* lots of good memories there for me.
  • siratlas
    Options
    i'm geeking out (still) after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy last night!
  • siratlas
    Options
    the new walking dead & american horror story trailers......ok and the preview for annabelle *has major geek out*

that's all i've got.

yesterday i was geeking out over finding scotch bonnet peppers in my grocery store...i'm a simple pleasure kinda guy lol
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am geeking out over my game, but tomorrow I will be geeking out totally with my son. We are off to Manchester to the Moose coffee house where we will talk 3D printers, Linux, tech in general and we may go to the cinema too. I might be geeking over my tablet later - I really need to redo it - wipe it and reinstall.
  • caddir
    Options
    siratlas wrote: »
    i'm geeking out (still) after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy last night!

Last time I met my son in Manchester we did that - awesome. I could watch it over and over and not get bored!
  • caddir
    Options
    Also @Arshness I home educated/unschooled my lovely son - he is now 31 and another success story for home education (not home schooling!).

We are a Nu-Queer family btw.
  • Ephebiphobia
    Ephebiphobia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Steven Universe, hardcore geek out today.
  • DrJeep
    DrJeep Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Listening to a Numenera podcast called The Signal, bursting with inspiration cause of it.