any one have a favorite meal??

Options
conniehgtv
conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
What is your favorite keep my numbers down meal this summer??
I am hooked on Shrimp and and veg steamed in my new stone microwave steamer.)as seen on tv and Hungrygirl.com) It rocks!
I add brown rice or grits and sirachi sauce. Yumm. Pinapple chunks for desert!!

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love my Stone Microwave cooking pot thing. I use it to make eggs for breakfast sandwiches.

As for my favorite meal right now, I like to by Anaheim Peppers and hollow them out. I then add pre-cooked meat (taco meat or fajita chicken), cheese (shredded chedder or sliced Monteray Jack and some chili verde. I then grill the pepper until it's blackened.

It's my lowcarb mexican replacement meal!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Scotch eggs on the smoker
    Lunch - Fish Tacos
    Dinner - Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yum! I will try that, thnks for sharing!!
  • life_enthusiast
    life_enthusiast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's been a beautiful summer and we got a new infrared grill, so I've been cooking on that a lot. My fave this summer has been Cilantro lime chicken with Zucchini and Mushrooms.

I use the marinade recipe from http://www.savorylotus.com/cilantro-lime-chicken-how-to-cook-a-whole-chicken-on-the-bbq/ (substituting regular butter, olive oil and hawaiian salt for their "paleo" ingredients). I have the butcher chop up chicken pieces, marinade them and then put them on skewers with zucchini and mushrooms, then poor any extra marinade over the top of the skewers. Then Grill.

I add rice or put some in corn tortillas with some guac. Yummie, low carb and low calorie dinner this summer. Marron2u, this is my Mexican fix. :)

Create a great day!
    Kristen
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love my Stone Microwave cooking pot thing. I use it to make eggs for breakfast sandwiches.

As for my favorite meal right now, I like to by Anaheim Peppers and hollow them out. I then add pre-cooked meat (taco meat or fajita chicken), cheese (shredded chedder or sliced Monteray Jack and some chili verde. I then grill the pepper until it's blackened.

It's my lowcarb mexican replacement meal!

That sounds delicious!!
    I don't really have a favorite meal. But I make homemade chili with ground beef, at least 3 types of beans and lots of veggies! It doesn't raise my blood sugar. I can make a big batch and it makes lunches/dinners all week easy. I can also freeze it.
  • TelJanin
    TelJanin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    pork shoulder - the country style boneless rib cut. Kinder's Cali's Blackened Rub, applied somewhat liberally.
    2 zucchini, ends cut off, split lengthwise, with a bit of EVOO brushed on, maybe a bit of pepper.
    Cook both on the grill (depending on the thickness of the pork shoulder, may need to start it first). zucchini goes on, flat side down at first to get the grill marks, then flipped over.

I'll typically end up eating ~ 11 oz of pork shoulder (one 'rib' from my grocery store, raw weight), but I'll end up cooking 3 at once. If I'm really hungry, I'll eat one and a half.
  • DawnyB1210
    Options
    I'll take an inexpensive beef pot roast and rub it with taco seasonings,(I use the low salt, natural variety in the packet) throw it in the crockpot with enchilada sauce and cook it until it falls apart. It's delicious on a salad with black beans, avocado, a little corn and salsa while my family eats it as tacos.
  • DawnyB1210
    Options
    I'll take an inexpensive beef pot roast and rub it with taco seasonings,(I use the low salt, natural variety in the packet) throw it in the crockpot with enchilada sauce and cook it until it falls apart. It's delicious on a salad with black beans, avocado, a little corn and salsa and shredded lowfat cheese while my family eats it as tacos. It's my Mexican fix.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'll take an inexpensive beef pot roast and rub it with taco seasonings,(I use the low salt, natural variety in the packet) throw it in the crockpot with enchilada sauce and cook it until it falls apart. It's delicious on a salad with black beans, avocado, a little corn and salsa and shredded lowfat cheese while my family eats it as tacos. It's my Mexican fix.
    I gotta try this! Might make a good filling for my peppers!