How do I regain strength quickly after my cut?

Options
I've been cutting since May (starting weight-171lbs) and I've decided to end my cut this week instead of next week because I've lost a lot of strength.Next week I'm gonna start a 3 month bulk. I've got a rugby match coming up in 3 weeks.Can I regain my strength by then? Should I focus on doing strength based training only? Also should I take creatine to speed up the process?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You should take creatine while cutting also as it helps the majority of people with strength training.

No one can really answer the question as we don't know how much weight you lost, how much strength you lost etc.

My advice would be start eating more, keep training hard and yes, minimize the cardio as it just takes away from your recovery.
  • CrimsonClay
    CrimsonClay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Crank up the weight, tone down the reps, and stick to 5-8 reps per set. Perform compound movements keeping your reps in the 5-8 range and incorporate isolation movements keeping reps in the 8-12 range.

It's doubtful you will regain your strength in just a few weeks, but you will be amazed at your muscle memory. Stay focused but don't over train. I don't like to give advice on supplements as everyone's body is different.

Just some food for thought........ I am a firm believer in the thought there is no such thing as cutting or toning. It's all about nutrition. The key to building muscle is pumping out enough volume with an ample amount of resistance, and you simply can’t do that by training with high-rep sets above 12. To build both size and strength, you need to work with heavier loads. The more weight you can use, the more muscle you will build. The better your nutritional intake, the less body fat you will have, thus the more defined you will look.

I could go on and on, but I think I'm telling you how to build a clock when all you asked was what time it was.
  • DavidDBZS
    Options
    Thanks a lot
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost.
  • DavidDBZS
    Options
    13lbs in nearly 4 months
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thats a slow cut. Im surprised u lost alot of strength.
  • DavidDBZS
    Options
    I've lost a lot of speed as well