Peep Sights

Options
vaderandbill
vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
To peep or not to peep...what is your preference and why?

Replies

• BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Some like to go peepless, and I'm glad that works for them. But for me, I use a relatively large peep, due to my astigmatism. I've found that a peep field just a hair larger than my round (Spott Hogg) sight gets me centered and right on during low light target acquisition.

When I set up a bow, I initially use No rear peep. I am right on at close distance for initial string stretch and rest alignment.
    But when I want arrow splitting accuracy, heck yeah I want my peep installed. Keeps me consistent shot to shot.

One less thing to worry about when the big guy walks into my shooting lane! Good luck
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I used to go peepless , but wasn't completely accurate. Once I put the peep on my groups got tighter.
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use a peep as well as a kisser button. Between the two I know I am lining up to exactly the same spot every time and my accuracy and grouping got better. Now if only I could find something that stops the shakes when that turkey or deer walk by!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Peep and kisser here too
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I have used the kisser and peep but I am getting a new bow (well, new to me) and was just curious as to other people's thoughts. Much appreciated.