30 Day Shred

Options
I thought I would create a post for those of us doing the 30 day shred! You can add what day you're on. If you're seeing any results etc.

I actually haven't been keeping track of how many days I have done level 1. But I think it's been maybe 7-8 times. I am no where near ready for level 2. My goal is to do 30 day shred 3 times a week.

What are your goals?

Replies

• tlafratta
    Options
    I'm going to be starting tomorrow!
  • peanut929
    Options
    Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
  • babydmom07
    Options
    I'm glad to see this post. I have the video, and would like to do it at about the same rate you are, so I will do two this week (only 1/2 week left) and start w/ 3x week next week. Would it be helpful to report starting weight, measurements, etc.? I'll post mine anyway even if nobody else does:

Starting:

Weight: 134
    Waist: 30 inches
    Hips: 39 inches
    Thighs (each): 20.75
  • justwinkie
    justwinkie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday. It is HARD! I can't believe level 1 is only LEVEL 1 it's so difficult for me. But I'm hoping it will get easier with time. I remember before I was pregnant I was doing Turbo Fire with a friend and that was just as hard but after two weeks I was doing it so much easier. I wish I could do it still, but it was her dvd set and she lives far away now :/
  • runrunrachel
    Options
    I did 30DS with my husband last summer and loved it! We're starting again Sept 1st...because...it's the first. Can't start mid month lol.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 8 today! Wanna lose 6 lbs by Day 30.
  • justwinkie
    justwinkie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how often are you ladies doing it? Are we supposed to do it everyday?
  • peanut929
    Options
    Today was my rest day! I am thankful to have a day off! :)

Jillian doesn't recommend doing it every day, but rather doing it 3 times a week, plus 2 days a week where you have a more intense cardio work out, plus two days rest. Another key to her work outs and weight loss is your diet, so they have to go hand in hand.

This is my second time doing 30 day shred, I was doing it when I became pregnant with Elliana last fall. ) So I know it will work. But it definitely takes time.

So to answer your question. If you do it 3 times a week, stay on level 1 for 10 "days" (not consecutive) and then start level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for ten days. I am actually taking more time doing it then that. More like the 45 day shred! Lol. :)

I took my measurements about 1 week ago, and then again today... And I am pleased...but also kinda bummed because my main "problem " area didn't change at all. So I am adding in some extra strength training moves to help!

I have lost several pounds since starting as well. But NO pounds in the last week. I weigh in on Fridays. So I will check in with my weight then, and I will probably re-measure on Friday too, just to remain consistent. Anyhow, my measurements currently are:

Weight: 140lbs
    Waist: 36" (was 36.5 last week)
    Hips (love handles) : 38"
    Bust: 33"
    Thighs: 23" (one thigh- was 24" last week! Yeah!)
    Arms: 10.5"
  • peanut929
    Options
    Oh- and I also wanted to add that 2-3 times a week I am doing a series called Ballet beautiful. It can be found on amazon prime if you have it, as well as youtube. It is ZERO impact which I love because my knees and hips take a beating from the 30 day shred. But it is also VERY hard. I also like to try and take 2 nights a week where I interval run (walk 3 min, run 2 minutes for 2 miles) and then on Saturday mornings I take my 18 month old on a "walk" and I walk hills, pushing the stroller as well. Last Saturday we did 4 miles, and it felt awesome and terrible all at the same time! :)

What other work outs are you doing in addition to 30DS? If any?
  • HeyNikkita
    Options
    Finished Level 1 yesterday! Started Level 2 today!
  • HeyNikkita
    Options
    I have been using a mini stepper for about 5-10 extra minutes most days of the week.
  • peanut929
    Options
    I started level 2 on saturday! I actually did level 1 and level 2 back to back. I thought I was going to DIE! Level 2 really kicks it up a notch!
  • HeyNikkita
    Options
    Here are my Level 1 30DS results. I did 10 days in a row. I ate a total of approx. 1500 calories. I am 7 weeks postpartum and exclusively breastfeeding.

Are you ladies still doing it??

Collage2014-08-3007_32_46-1.jpg
    Collage2014-08-3007_35_55-1.jpg
    Collage2014-08-3007_38_15-1.jpg
  • HeyNikkita
    Options
    Today is day 15 - Halfway through Level 2!
    Level 2 feels like it is going by faster??
  • peanut929
    Options
    Awesome pictures! Well done! I'm not brave enough to take puctures... :/ you look great! Can definitely see a difference!
  • peanut929
    Options
    Oh, and I'm still doing it! Just not every day. I try to do it 2-3 times a week. :) will post results tomorrow!