Welcome to the group!

Options
kelseyann92
kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
Hi everyone! Just so that we can build more of a community let's all introduce ourselves! You can say whatever you would like but be sure to state your goal that you would like to hit by October 1st! No matter where you are in your journey you are welcome in this group! No goal is too big or too small!! I can start with the introductions :smile:

SW: 186
CW: 144
GW: 130

I am a recent college grad and I have become addicted to health and fitness. I am working hard to lose those last few pesky pounds.:wink: I made this group to hold myself accountable to my goal and help motivate others

I think it would be great for us to check in each Monday! This can mean anything: report your weight loss, triumphs, failures or just talk about how you're doing! Together I know we can help each other reach our goals and stay healthy!

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Thanks for starting this group!!

10lbs will be tough for me, but i'll do my best. I have thyroid problems so weight loss is really hard for me.

SW- 216
    CW-212
    GW-202
    UGW-170

Tennis is my main source of exercise, but I also walk, jog, bike and do dvd's. I really need to incorporate more strength in my workouts.

Good luck all!
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Glad to see you hear Annie!! I will do my best to motivate you and we can do this together! You have done amazing so far despite your thyroid problems! I mainly run but tennis sounds like a blast! :happy:
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Everyone introduce yourself please! :happy:
  • WarriorBill65
    WarriorBill65 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone,
    Glad to be part of this group. I have a goal of losing another 10 lbs. Wanting to lose it slowly, so if I only drop 5lbs. by October, I'll be happy.

SW- 189
    CW- 174.8
    GW- 164

I'm retired, so I have lots of free time to dedicate to training, and I usually average 3 hours of exercise spread throughout the day. I mainly do Pilates, Barre, Yoga, rowing, spinning, and walking.

Hoping to make some new MFP friends in this group, and looking forward to encouraging each of you, as you put in the hard work to meet your goals...... Bill
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Great to meet you Bill! It sounds like you are already off to a great start! Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want! Slow and steady is definitely the way to go! You've got this!
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to MFP and thought I would join a group to meet some people with common goals and ambitions. I get most of my activity from walking my new pup. She is great motivation and keeps me moving. I am now trying to reverse years of neglect from job stress, (job was always my #1 priority) and family issues. I was recently diagnosed with stomach ulcers. This caused me to look at getting healthy and forced me to refocus my priorities on myself. With that said I embarked in a new priority. Hope to keep the motivation high and continue pounding away at getting this done. I walk all the time, hit the gym a couple days a week and also a kickboxing class every now and then. It's been a learning experience logging what I eat here in MFP. Quite the eye opener as far as portion sizes and calorie content of various foods. Trying to give up watching TV although with football season starting I'm going to have to control my viewing portions this season.

SW=220
    CW=205
    GW=185
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Hi Bill! Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are definitely heading in the right direction! I have to say I am jealous of your new pup! I am glad you have decided to join the group and we can for sure motivate each other! Let's do this!
  • mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight 238
    Cw 196
    Oct 1goal 186
    I'll be glad just to get out if the 190s been struggling
  • jazznesss
    jazznesss Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I started again, wanna lose all the extra pounds (kilos) in 3 months ..
    My first goal is to lose 10 lbs in the first month which perfectly fits with this group .. glad we have a same purpose :)
    Then 8 lbs in the second month and finally 6 lbs in the third month.

SW: 170
    CW: 144
    GW: 115

I bought Brazil Butt Lift DVDs and might order 21-Day fit as well.
    I still feel uncomfortable attending gym, feel everyone is judging my body :-s really wish to gain my confidence and sign up for a gym membership soon [sigh].

Cheers,
    Jazz
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    You can do it mama! Anytime you feel like you are overwhelmed just post here/ message me and I will do whatever I can! You can do it! I have complete faith in you. Just take it one day at a time :smile:
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Hi Jazz!!! Glad to have you! I think 10 lbs is a perfect starting goal! I have never done the Brazilian butt lift DVDs but the infomercials make it look really fun! At home DVD workouts are always a great option and I have done a few in the past. I know you will gain the confidence to join a gym and that will really take your fitness and health to the next level! Let's make it happen :tongue:
  • mcleoda5
    mcleoda5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been trying to lose the weight I gained after graduation and from the stress of moving for a while now. I am hoping to lose a bit of weight by Halloween- I don't have a specific number but would like to lose at least one size.

SW: 175
    CW: 175
    GW: 145
    UGW:135

I have been looking for a group that would help keep me accountable and am really excited to have found this one. I am going to try the 30 shred, I have heard it has some pretty great results. I'm excited to finally lose some weight!
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    HI mcleoda5! I have recently graduated and moved to a new apartment so I can definitely relate to the stress you have been feeling. I am glad you have found the group as well. Halloween is a great time frame for you to be down one size. Together we can all achieve our goals. Welcome to the group! :smile:
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get my osteoarthritis under control, and haven't been able to exercise in awhile. I have been having success with keeping an ever watchful eye on what I eat, though, thank heaven! I'm waiting to begin a series of 3 shots to my lower back, then hopefully, I'll be able to begin walking, or putting my Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs to good use again.

SW: 204
    CW: 181
    GW: 140
    UGW: 130

The more motivation, the better! I'm looking forward to reaching our goals together!!! :happy:
    Michelle
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Hello Michelle! I am completely confident in you reaching your goals! Watching what you eat is already half the battle. Walking is a great workout and I know you can do it! Show that osteoarthritis who's boss! :wink:
  • eslonlineteacherguy
    eslonlineteacherguy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Please call me, Rick

Great group and perfect timing for me... for once. i'm retired from California to China. I'm a writer and exam prep teacher for students studying abroad. Last year (June 2013), I decided to get back in shape for my 55th B-day. I met my goal of losing 25 lbs in 8 weeks 209 to 185. I then began weightlifting, but met with a torn shoulder tendon which still plagues me. I put weight back on and decided I couldn't wait for my shoulder to heal 100% so I promised to take it easy this round.

If all goes well, this group will help me to my new goal by losing 12 lbs and getting to 180 lbs. or less. Thanks for the group and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ALL OF US!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!

Height: 6'0"
    SW: 202 lbs. (91.6 kilos)
    CW: 192.24 lbs. (87.2 kilos)
    GW: 180 lbs. 81.6 kilos)
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Nice to meet you Rick! It must be really cool in China! I am sorry to hear about your injury but I feel confident that you will reach your goal! You have already made a great start and I can't wait to see what you can do in September!
  • gaiawiendel
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im a 19 year old girl from Copenhagen in Denmark!
    I will be very happy to join this group, since this is just what i needed.
    I am currently very unhappy with my body, and I find that quite sad due to my young age, I need to be enjoying life?
    I want to loose around 10-15 pounds / 5-8 kg to feel better about myself and my health.

SW: 72,5 kg
    CW: 65,8 kg
    GW: 58 kg
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    Hi gaiawiendel! I think you have a very attainable goal! You should be feeling better in no time! You can definitely hit your goal by October, I have faith in you!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello Michelle! I am completely confident in you reaching your goals! Watching what you eat is already half the battle. Walking is a great workout and I know you can do it! Show that osteoarthritis who's boss! :wink:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kelseyann!