Surgery Tomorrow

Options
The day is FINALLY here. I am getting my gastric sleeve tomorrow. I still don't believe it, it has been such a process. I got the referral to the bariatric department in November. I am excited for the new life that I am about to embark on.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The day is FINALLY here. I am getting my gastric sleeve tomorrow. I still don't believe it, it has been such a process. I got the referral to the bariatric department in November. I am excited for the new life that I am about to embark on.

Good luck! Get some sleep and be ready for your big day tomorrow!

Rob
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Try to get up and walk as much as you can, especially if you are having gas pain. Focus on getting in your fluids and protein. You will feel a lot better each day and after a week you won't believe you had surgery only a week ago.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck! I am so happy for you! Wishing you an easy and speedy recovery!
  • shrinkingmags
    shrinkingmags Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is great I ill be praying you have a fast recovery and Gratz on your new life:)
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow! All the best, rest and take things slow and easy.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery. I look forward to reading your posts post-op. :smile: :flowerforyou:
    Take good care of yourself.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Send an update when you can and prayers for a quick and easy surgery and recovery!

Pat
  • calgurl855
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all their well wishes! Surgery went well, he fixed a hiatal hernia when he was in there as well. I got home yesterday and have been doing good. I am trying to get all my fluids in and tomorrow I start with the protein. Only issue I am having is keeping the pain medicine down, it gives me really bad nausea and I have thrown up twice after taking it. I started breaking up the dose today and that seems to be helping. Thankfully, I am not in much pain, ust when I have to get up out of bed or the couch.