Help with if I should continue on the same path

Options
I would love some insight if you don't mind???? Over the past three weeks I have tracked EVERYTHING!!! I have averaged 1841 calories per day over the 21 days! MY TDEE is 2050 based on a few different sites that help you figure it out. My weight at first was all over but now three weeks in I weigh the exact same thing as I did three weeks ago today! I want to lose weight, not maintain. My body fat hasn't changed and I continue to exercise daily! Do you suggest I give it one more week or change up my calories? Thank you!

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    In order to help you, we will need a bit more information about your dieting history... Do you come from a VLCD history? What were you doing prior to increasing your calories?
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Up until April 27, 2014 I ate very large amounts and had for 8 years! I wasn't yo yoing! Just go up on the scale. Gained 75 pounds in 8 years. April 27 I cut calories to 1200 and quickly lost 40. I'm shooting for health and long term results so I am totally okay with slower weight loss results but really don't want to regain any of the 40 I loss! I was/am a binge eater and have not had any issues with it since starting on my healthy path in April!
  • Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I just now saw this post, but wanted to let you know I replied to your other post you wrote today in the EM2WL forum on MFP. Anitra, if you have any other suggestions for her, please feel free to post as well! Since she has only a 3 month history with low cal, I suggested a 15% cut (1740 cals) from her TDEE of 2050 and to monitor for 6 weeks...and lots of patience with the calorie increase. :) The 1840 she has been eating for the past 3 weeks may not have given her a large enough deficit to see any losses...but it's only been 3 weeks since increasing from 1200.
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I just now saw this post, but wanted to let you know I replied to your other post you wrote today in the EM2WL forum on MFP. Anitra, if you have any other suggestions for her, please feel free to post as well! Since she has only a 3 month history with low cal, I suggested a 15% cut (1740 cals) from her TDEE of 2050 and to monitor for 6 weeks...and lots of patience with the calorie increase. :) The 1840 she has been eating for the past 3 weeks may not have given her a large enough deficit to see any losses...but it's only been 3 weeks since increasing from 1200.

THANK YOU!!! This sounds doable and reasonable to me! Do I try and stay off the scale for the six weeks too? Or just weigh weekly?
  • Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would just weigh weekly so you can monitor but do not be discouraged if there are fluctuations in either direction. For me personally, I only weigh once a week because I know that I retain a couple of pounds through the week when I'm working out. After two days of rest on the weekend, I see the scale lower so I always weigh in on Mondays. It's best to weigh in after a rest day to get a more accurate reading. Whatever works best for you mentally.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has asked this yet, but what are you using to create accuracy? Are you using a food scale ? Are some of your foods from a restaurant etc? With a small deficit it is easy to lose it without being diligent. That can make a huge difference! :-)
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has asked this yet, but what are you using to create accuracy? Are you using a food scale ? Are some of your foods from a restaurant etc? With a small deficit it is easy to lose it without being diligent. That can make a huge difference! :-)
    I seldom eat out and while I use the nutritional info from packages I WEIGH all solids and measure ALL liquids. I did go back and averaged out on here my past 4 weeks. I was really at 2240 and lost just under a pounds this thrills me and tells me what I need to know, 2240 is basically what I need to maintain 156. My plan for September is to cut my calories by 20% and continue to weigh everything. I probably will still off the scale for the month too.