Paceclub?

Options
toeatapeach
toeatapeach Posts: 30 Member
Has anyone here tried Speedo paceclub? Some people at work recommended it to me and I'm thinking of taking it up as I've been struggling to come up with sets on my own. (Damn all those years of other people's coaching!)

Replies

• jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just looked at it - AWESOME! I have my weeks workout plan and I can't wait to get into the water. Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Okay so the website is having issues. What's up with that?!:grumble:
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just signed up. looks like fun and helpful.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm curious ... but a little confused. I clicked on the "overall body health" fitness goal and it seems I have two choices: beginner (less than 1200 yards per workout) or intermediate/advanced (more than 3000 yards per workout). I typically swim 2000 yards per workout. If I select beginner, and I expected to cut my workout by 800 yards? That doesn't appeal.

I'll be curious to hear some feedback from others.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Just seen this - looks good - loving the tutorials about different drills. Shame there doesn't appear to be an iPad app to go with it.
  • toeatapeach
    Options
    re: Leaping_Lemur

I sort of had the same thought myself. I really want to try it out but it doesn't always have the distance flexibility I need.

I think some of the other categories might have more options?

Anyway- I'm going to try the first workout today, so wish me luck!
    Options
    How did the first workout go?
    Options
    Just had a brainwave... I have a diving slate... I could just write on there my drills and leave it on the side of the pool. Genius! That way I won't have to remember the workout :)
  • toeatapeach
    Options
    Hah,

The first workout went well- but wasn't quite as long as I wanted. I think I'm going to have to try a couple different plans before I find something that works for me. I find out-of-shape but former-competitive-swimmer can be a hard thing to balance when I want to get in a certain number of minutes of exercise but not absolutely destroy my shoulders on too much distance.

(And that is how I keep track of my workout as well. Works like a charm!)