September 2014 Who's In?

Options
Hello! Welcome to the 100 Mile Monthly Walking Challenge. This is my third month in a row for this challenge. I love that it encourages me to work for a goal. My goal for this month will be 100 miles. What about you? :flowerforyou:

(information repost)

If this is your first month tell us your goal for the month. We will post our progress on the topic called September 2014 Week 1'. For tips on posting see the topic 'Recording Progress' and to find these topics 'click' on "100 Mile Monthly Walking Challenges" at the bottom of this page.

Thank you for joining!

Replies

• DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group.... and I am so excited! My goal for September is 100 miles and to lose 8 pounds.

My birthday is at the end of the month. If I can meet BOTH goals, I will be able to say I walked 100 miles AND walked my way into ONE-DERLAND!

Let's do this...... :glasses:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge -
    but, my problem is we will be in the mountains of Colorado Aug 31 - Sept 8(wifi-no), (cell phone coverage???)
    May I keep track then report when we return?
    Will that work for this challenge?

Thanks!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm in for September. I'll be tracking my miles and steps with my Fitbit.
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Making it a goal NOT to count exercise routines....
  • _gwendolyn_
    Options
    Hi! Just joined this group. My goal is to walk 112 miles/28 miles a week. My weight loss goal is to lose 10 pounds.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    I'm in for September!

Chris
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I am excited to to join :bigsmile:

My goal will be 100 miles in September!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH! I am in for September.

100 miles, bring it!
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Re-committing to this group for September!! I've done the challenge since the beginning, with the exception of August. This month has been rough. I'm putting me first in September, again!! :) Goal is 100 miles. I would also like to push into another couch to 5K program. My outside walking is inconsistent, but the new gym is opening on the 15th, and should give me plenty of opportunity for using a treadmill...I'm paying for it, might as well use it!!
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hiya Guys and Gals! I'm back and soooo ready to take on September! My personal goal will be 120 miles and to lose four pounds this month. I have been part of this challenge every month with the exception of August. I am a mother of five and will be walking with my 10 month old in her buggy. I am based in Surrey, England and usually use MapMyWalk or Runtastic to record walks. I can't wait to get stuck in. Roll on Monday...
  • legless11
    legless11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this challenge please, due to injury my only real exercise is walking. I'll go for 100 miles in September as my goal and 6lb loss. I use MapMyWalk which syncs with MFP. I'm in Gloucestershire, UK.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im in! I will use my fitbit to track so I want to make my goal 5 miles a day, from total walking. I get a mile or two in just walking around the office, but I want to make sure I get those other 3 miles in from actual walking, if you know what I mean :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hiya Guys and Gals! I'm back and soooo ready to take on September! My personal goal will be 120 miles and to lose four pounds this month. I have been part of this challenge every month with the exception of August. I am a mother of five and will be walking with my 10 month old in her buggy. I am based in Surrey, England and usually use MapMyWalk or Runtastic to record walks. I can't wait to get stuck in. Roll on Monday...

Welcome back! You were missed! :)
  • MsOGLovely
    MsOGLovely Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    First time being in this group. Going to be exciting!
    In for September with a goal of 100miles!
    That will challenge me to walk 2x a da. Bring it!
  • GoForLew
    GoForLew Posts: 22
    Options
    I just joined the group today. This will definitely motivate me to walk more. I'm glad to have something to hold me accountable.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    So happy to see so many new members! This is great! Let's make 100 miles this september, I wonder how much we make combined? :bigsmile:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I got a fitbit and was ding really well, but the hot weather kind of killed my motivation. Will start again in September. Hope to do 4 miles plus per day, or 10,000 steps.
  • Prof3ssorblu
    Prof3ssorblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined the group and my goal is to walk 100 miles by the end of September.....i starting to get more active and think this would be a great goal to achieve this month.....looking forward to meeting and encouraging everyone on the way....

Quick question, does it matter how we are getting the 100 miles? I have started to use a Fitbit to monitor my activity and wanted to know if the 100 miles include normal walking throughout the day, elliptical/treadmill activities, etc or does it have to be straight jogging or walking? Just want to clarify, thanks
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    In for September!!!

This is my first month in this group---shooting for 100 miles!

Fitbit tracker.

Cheers!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined the group and my goal is to walk 100 miles by the end of September.....i starting to get more active and think this would be a great goal to achieve this month.....looking forward to meeting and encouraging everyone on the way....

Quick question, does it matter how we are getting the 100 miles? I have started to use a Fitbit to monitor my activity and wanted to know if the 100 miles include normal walking throughout the day, elliptical/treadmill activities, etc or does it have to be straight jogging or walking? Just want to clarify, thanks

It doesn't matter. You can choose to get it only from exercise or from a daily total. Whatever works best for you and your goals.

Happy to see all the fitbit users! I have one as well! :)