Last weigh-in in August!

Options
sophysings
sophysings Posts: 28 Member
Can't believe it's nearly September! I've not done too badly in August, slow at first but then it picked up, although this week hasn't been too great (I blame it on exam stress and revision-eating!) - I think I lost about half a pound but I don't log less than a pound because a) it makes me more OCD than I want to be and b) I don't quite trust my scales are that accurate anyway! If I carry on like I am I should nearly hit my Xmas goal, which I'll be really pleased about. Maybe a bit more exercise once the exam's done will help me actually hit it rather than just nearly!

Hope everyone else has had a good week - onwards and downwards xxx

Replies

• Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good luck on exams!

I'm pretty well on target myself, I might make my goal a month before Christmas at this rate, if I can keep it up!
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Can I just change my goal weight on the spreadsheet? To lose 5lbs more?
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats for this week:

Aug 5, 2014 starting = 251
    Original SW = 272.1
    Challenge SW = 251
    Challenge S BMI= 39.3
    Challenge GW = 222
    Challenge G BMI= 34.8
    Challenge loss = 7.6
    8/8/14 247.2 3.8
    8/15/14 251 0
    8/21/14 246.2 4.8
    8/28/14 243.4 2.8

Tomorrow we are leaving for a week, so we will see how I succeed on vacation.

Everyone have a great weekend!! :bigsmile:
  • Missmandy33
    Missmandy33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Had a good week after a not so great loss last week!

SW: 178.6
    Last week: 171.8
    Current: 169.4

So 2.4 pounds gone over a week (makes sense because last week I was holding some water weight from that TOM), and 9.2 overall! Wooo!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congrats everybody, you're all doing so great! I lost 1 lb, but considering the week I had (a chocolate binge, a wedding and very little time to exercise), I consider that to be a big success! Lets keep it up!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Can I just change my goal weight on the spreadsheet? To lose 5lbs more?

JWilde, Send a direct message to mspoopoo, she will make the change
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    SW 282
    LW 274
    CW272.8
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Well, I'm not much of a moderator now am I, my loss thus far is zero. Funny how I feel like I'm losing but it's because of the gains on the weekend that I repair during the week. I need to kick it in gear. The last challenge also had a Friday weigh in, I was thinking the weigh in day doesn't really matter. Now I'm beginning to think otherwise, I had much better success (i.e. better discipline) when weigh-in was on Monday--it kept me from relaxing too much on the weekend. Shmu was right on this I think.

Running and lifting alot, I hope I'm trading muscle for fat even if my number is static. Should have measured that!
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think it's been an okay August - lost 9.1 pounds (from 175.61 down to 166.5) which is 5.1% of whole body. A good start on the way to my goal!
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Finally! A change in the right direction! Down 3.6 lbs since my last weigh-in. :love:

SW: 161
    CW: 157.4

Weight loss factors:
    - Did a 100 carb increase/refeed on Sunday to boost my metabolism (guess this works)
    - Reduced my sodium to 1200mg/day. (guess this works) - shed water weight is my guess, but who cares. the scale moved. I'll take it!!
    - Business trip so less gym - maybe my body needed a break (?)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!! Keep up the good work!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

SW 137.4
    CW129.4

I lost a pound this week. This week I did two Zumba classes only. I had not exercised in 3 weeks. My loss has been basically achieved by eating better and drinking lots of water. I have been suffering from low back and hip pain. Xrays didnt show anything abnormal so my Dr. ordered an MRI. Crossing my fingers we can at least find out what is causing all this pain. I am happy I have not let this stress derail me from my goal. The tempatations are everywhere and have succumbed to some cravings but I have been able to get back on track right away.

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Was struggling a bit this week managed to stay the same right before I left on 2 day trip, I wrote that weight, then came home last night and I had gained from trip, will be a tough week just to get back to that...

We hiked a lot and I guess I thought it would eat up the extra calories...ooops!
  • LadyKim66
    LadyKim66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am not doing so good. Not gaining, but not losing either. Well I take it back, last week I did gain, but then this week back to where I was!! My hubby just keeps dropping the weight.. and I am stagnant. Ready for another week though!!
    Been at this for 45 days, stuck at 8 lbs lost.. so very sad.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I gained this week. I know why. It's cuz I didn't log my food. Next week will be awesome! Everyone keep up the good work
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    CSW: 133
    CGW: 125

8/4: 133
    8/5: 132 (-1)
    8/15: 132 (-1)
    8/22: 132 (-1)
    8/22: 132 (-1)

All I can say is, at least I didn't gain! Not doing so well with food or exercise. When the weather cools down, I hope to get back to exercising!!!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I was not in a place I could weigh myself on friday, but I weighed myself today (still August!) and I weighed 194.6, leaving me with a grand total of 6.4 pounds lost in August, or about a pound and a half a week. If I keep this up, I should be below 180 by Christmas which sounds so insane to me because I haven't been below 180 in literally two years. I'm so excited!
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The last challenge also had a Friday weigh in, I was thinking the weigh in day doesn't really matter. Now I'm beginning to think otherwise, I had much better success (i.e. better discipline) when weigh-in was on Monday--it kept me from relaxing too much on the weekend.

YES!! I'm 100% with you!! I weigh in Friday morning and then get this "I can relax for a few days" mentality that has me undoing all the work I did last week over the weekend, and sets me up to have to work extra hard this week. Ugh! Why is that??

Anyway, I thought I had a great week last week but ended up gaining 0.6 lbs. Very, very frustrated. But I still feel great and actually wore my first pair of skinny jeans Saturday night, so I'll take that as an overall win. Onward & forward!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Funny how I feel like I'm losing but it's because of the gains on the weekend that I repair during the week. I need to kick it in gear. The last challenge also had a Friday weigh in, I was thinking the weigh in day doesn't really matter. Now I'm beginning to think otherwise, I had much better success (i.e. better discipline) when weigh-in was on Monday--it kept me from relaxing too much on the weekend.

I weight on Mondays still. I have since I started my own journey in May and I thought it would be okay to keep up through this challenge. I think I'd have the same challenge as you if I weighed Fridays. I like having to be responsible through the weekend.
  • mulecanter
    Options
    Ok, I'm doing it. I'm moving my weigh-in to Monday's. I'll post it to the previous Friday's data slot.

I am weak and need this extra bit of pressure to keep me honest on weekends. :embarassed:
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    Funny how I feel like I'm losing but it's because of the gains on the weekend that I repair during the week. I need to kick it in gear. The last challenge also had a Friday weigh in, I was thinking the weigh in day doesn't really matter. Now I'm beginning to think otherwise, I had much better success (i.e. better discipline) when weigh-in was on Monday--it kept me from relaxing too much on the weekend.

I weight on Mondays still. I have since I started my own journey in May and I thought it would be okay to keep up through this challenge. I think I'd have the same challenge as you if I weighed Fridays. I like having to be responsible through the weekend.
    I agree, I was doing great on my Wed Weigh in days. Now not so much