Flex not holding a charge

Options
Skye_NS
Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
Hi everyone,
So far this week I've had 2 low battery warnings, and a completely dead battery. This is the first time I've had an issue with my flex in the 8 months that I've been using it. The first low battery warning wasn't unexpected, it was pretty much inline with the usual 5 days, perhaps a day early. When the second one happened a day later but I just figured that I either didn't have it set on the charger long enough or that it wasn't seated properly. I made sure everything was seated correctly, left it on the charger all afternoon, and removed it when the lights indicated a full charge. It lost all charge in about 12 hours.

I have sent an email to tech support but their auto reply says it can be up to 2 business days to get back to me... factoring in the weekend and labour day, that means I could be waiting until September 2nd. In the meantime, has has anyone run into this issue? Is the something that might fix it at home or will do you think I'll have to send it away?

Thanks!

TL;DR - Fitbit Flex was fine. Suddenly can't hold a charge for more than 12 hours. WTF?!

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened, totally sucks! Fitbit's CS is incredible and they'll take care of you. Bad timing with the long weekend ahead, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get it sooner.
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the charger? It seems like every once in a while I have to take the back of an earring or straighten out a paperclip and poke the little re-set hole/button thing on the charger and it works again.
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    @TriLifter, I'm still waiting to hear from fitbit, but I didn't really expect a reply today. It's reassuring to hear that they have such a great reputation for customer service.

@sarahelizaaaa, I haven't tried a reset, I'll look into that now. Thanks for the tip!
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Skye_NS
    I had the same problem with mine. After each charge it lasted less and less. I emailed FitBit several days ago and haven't heard back. It is a non-issue now though. Mine was barely 5 weeks old so I returned it to the store and got a new one yesterday. I hope this one will last.
    I did see in the FitBit site community sections there are a lot of battery issues so I'm sure they are swamped. I also saw where they sent several folks replacements so hopefully you will hear from them soon.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same issue lately. The charge is not lasting as long as it used to. I will try it one more time and call them next week if it happens again.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good to read this posting as I have the same issue. My FB used to last 4-5 days now 48 hours max on a full charge. Not sure if it makes a difference that I charge via my laptop but all the lights show fully charged at the end of the session. I will email FB for a solution.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm an admin for a Facebook page named Fitbit Friends. We'v got a few videos dealing with this, which are Fitbit [company] endorsed and approved. They deal with the cleaning of the unit which helps your Flex hold a charge for much longer.

Also Fitbit CS is going to suggest you watch these videos first before they take any action for you. So go on over to our page, the link to the videos is in our pinned post which means you will be able to see it whether you join or not, but I'd love to see you all join if you haven't. There's a lot of great people who have great suggestions and support.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm an admin for a Facebook page named Fitbit Friends. We'v got a few videos dealing with this, which are Fitbit [company] endorsed and approved. They deal with the cleaning of the unit which helps your Flex hold a charge for much longer.

Also Fitbit CS is going to suggest you watch these videos first before they take any action for you. So go on over to our page, the link to the videos is in our pinned post which means you will be able to see it whether you join or not, but I'd love to see you all join if you haven't. There's a lot of great people who have great suggestions and support.

Thanks very helpful - I have just tried to join and my request is pending.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Mine won't charge period :sad:

Today will be it's last day ..I'm :brokenheart: already.

After over a year of having a Fitbit on my wrist (first the Flex, then the Force till it died, then back to the Flex) , I'm going to be lost (let alone probably oversleep tomorrow morning...got so used to the silent alarm) :grumble:
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    I finally heard from Fitbit this afternoon. Their response could have been copied/pasted from their website: Make sure it's fully charged to 5 lights (up to 3 hours), check the phone/website dashboard for progress instead of tapping the bracelet all the time and make sure the contacts are cleaned. I replied to tell them that I've already been doing all of that so we'll see what happens. My flex was a Christmas gift and I've done my best to take care of it. At this point I've given up on sleep tracking and I put the flex on the charger every night to ensure I have enough power to use it the next day.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I've been cleaning the contacts all along but I'm really hoping that I can pick up something that I missed!

Mine won't charge period sad

Today will be it's last day ..I'm brokenheart already.

After over a year of having a Fitbit on my wrist (first the Flex, then the Force till it died, then back to the Flex) , I'm going to be lost (let alone probably oversleep tomorrow morning...got so used to the silent alarm) grumble

Sorry for your loss! :flowerforyou:
    I've had mine since December and I'm already lost after a few messed up days. LOL I wish the silent alarm worked for me... I tried it for about a month and I think only noticed it going off once or twice. Not going to lie, I make a terrible morning person!
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A friend had charging trouble and thought it was the charger. Called Fitbit, which has incredible customer service, and they sent a new tracker!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Update on my issue...Flex would not charge. A re-set gave it life twice ...Sunday it recorded 419 steps and that was it. Had contacted support last week, heard from them yesterday (same response re cleaning/re setting etc). Told them yep, done did that and yes it clicks into charger but no lights.

Picked up a knock off charger from overseas, arrived today, still no life after cleaning/clicking. Had thought the charger went bad as the Flex does show signs of life (just NOT in the charger)

Bottom line is, customer support is AWESOME. They said they're shipping a unit out. I'm so lost after having the Flex for over a year (and had the Force a mere 6 months before it bit the dust).
  • Skye_NS
    Options
    Update on my issue...Flex would not charge. A re-set gave it life twice ...Sunday it recorded 419 steps and that was it. Had contacted support last week, heard from them yesterday (same response re cleaning/re setting etc). Told them yep, done did that and yes it clicks into charger but no lights.

Picked up a knock off charger from overseas, arrived today, still no life after cleaning/clicking. Had thought the charger went bad as the Flex does show signs of life (just NOT in the charger)

Bottom line is, customer support is AWESOME. They said they're shipping a unit out. I'm so lost after having the Flex for over a year (and had the Force a mere 6 months before it bit the dust).

That's great news! I don't really have an update, but it's not a problem on the fitbit end of things. My flex was a Christmas gift so I'm trying to track down a receipt. By the sounds of it, they're going to replace mine once I get that info. :smile:

In the meantime, decided to disable negative adjustments on mfp because I have forgotten to charge it on several occasions. Yesterday I even had to log about a 5k walk because I forgot to charge it before my family & I went to explore a new trail. :grumble: Oh, how it irked me to not get credit for all those steps!

I can't wait to get this settled and get back to the old weeks of 'charge it and forget it'.