Warrior Weekend 8/30 - 8/31

13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
fitness-is-like-marriage_zps6912d486.jpg

“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.”
- William Feather

“It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable.“
- Moliere

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
– Theodore Roosevelt

“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their *kitten* and do anything to make it happen.” - Unknown

Check in this weekend.

And Remember we do this for us, so don't cheat yourself of something you want. Make it happen, we deserve it. The journey of a thousand miles is just steps, singular steps and the motivation, or determination, or inspiration or simple stubbornness to not give up trying!

Replies

• LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    I don't have any of my meals or snacks planned for the day, but I do know here in a little bit I will get taking my happy butt outside and cleaning the back yard...and the front yard, while I'm at it. We are going to be having a guest over today (beer and football for the men) so I'll be busy cleaning, etc. No complaining about that, tho.

I have had a bad sinus headache since the night before last, and it just won't go away. It's not so much pain...it's more discomfort and achy. And I haven't really been sleeping well. It also feels like I swallowed something that is on a string that I can feel going down my throat and just dangling in my stomach as if I can just pull on that string and it'll come back up. I'm not nauseous. I'm just weird.

Happy Saturday y'all.
  • I had a big set back these last couple of weeks, but I'll do what I can to make this last weekend of August count and jump-start my comeback. I put all my energy into school and dealing with some personal things, then I used excuses to justify skipping the gym and making bad meal choices. When things get hard, my diet and fitness are always the first to get sacrificed, a habit I really need to change.

I made breakfast burritos for breakfast (eggs, beans, cheese, spinach, & tomato), I don't have the rest of the meals for the day planned yet. I won't be able to go to the gym for the next couple of days becaus my son is sick and I need to stay with him, but I am getting in some yoga in my living room when he naps. I'm also exhausted from scrubbing the place from top to bottom trying to keep everyone else from getting sick.
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    I'm up at WI this weekend so spent 7 hours in a car yesterday and will spend another 7 going back Monday. We are visiting family so once again food choices are dependent on others.

Yesterday was a good day. Didn't over eat despite breakfast and lunch being fast food/drive through.
  • wvukp
    wvukp Posts: 22
    fitness-is-like-marriage_zps6912d486.jpg

“Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.”
    - William Feather

“It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable.“
    - Moliere

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
    – Theodore Roosevelt

“Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their *kitten* and do anything to make it happen.” - Unknown

Check in this weekend.

And Remember we do this for us, so don't cheat yourself of something you want. Make it happen, we deserve it. The journey of a thousand miles is just steps, singular steps and the motivation, or determination, or inspiration or simple stubbornness to not give up trying!

Thanks for taking the time to post all of the above! I needed to read some of these quotes this morning and 100% needed to remind myself that I shouldn't cheat myself out of something I want!
  • texasbeu2y
    texasbeu2y Posts: 95 Member
    Oops I totally messed up my log in streak. Well I'm back in the gym to day after taking 2 days in a row off. Today will be meal prep day also... I will continue eating tuna and salmon as my main protein sources along with brown rice and green salads. It's raining here n Houston so that makes for a good workout day.

Food: whey protein, coffee, banana, tuna, brown rice, salmon, green salad

Water: 1 1/2 gallon

Exercise: 70 min cardio
  • kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Hello there weekend warriors!! I can't believe this weekend is going by so fast!

Friday night we headed down to Purdue in Lafayette, IN. Saturday we went to the game so I was busy all day. I almost dehydrated it was so hot! Water was $3 a bottle and you couldn't tKe drinks in. We parked a mile away and walked. Banter sitting in the sun all afternoon and walking to the car, I felt shakey and sick!

We camped both nights, last night it rained pretty hard and we got a bit wet. I got wet pillows and sleeping bags! Now were heading home.

We stopped at Tippecanoe Battlegrounds and checked out the museum. It was pretty cool. Then we had brunch (prime rib is all I have to say) then we stopped at Fair Oak Farms and I had the best butter pecan ice cream ever! Thank god I ran this morning or I'd be feeling much worse.

Tomorrow's the holiday so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I hope everyone's having a spectacular weekend!!!
  • I spent the whole day studying and doing laundry at my mom's. She made me mondu (korean dumpling kind of things?) They were DELICIOUS! and they are actually pretty healthy the way my mom makes them, but I ate way too many lol. My son is feeling better so I plan on hitting the gym hard this next week and making up for lost time.