Any dancers/dance fitness peeps out there?

Options
00Allie00
00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
I'm a dance fitness instructor, teaching hip hop, pop, dance hall and soca. I wanted to see if there are any other people who love dance and have had success with it. I've lost 75 lbs in about 2 years, and I'm down to my last 20. Would love to hear from others in a similar situation :)

Replies

• Rukikat
    Rukikat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I used to dance a lot (Mexican traditional, ATS bellydance, swing) but asthma problems and life interfered. When I was dancing consistently, I was more toned and healthier than I have ever been and I miss it so much! Now that my asthma is under control again, I want to pick it back up, but I have no practice space (seriously, I can't even do jumping jacks in our house without touching the ceiling!).

My best weight loss experience with dance was when I started bellydance and lost about 1" all over my body, with at least 3" off my waist, within my first two months. I have no clue how many pounds that was, but my whole body felt toned and awesome. There's also a lot to be said for how dancing makes you FEEL, which is just as important as the actual weight loss in my opinion!
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love to dance! I'm highly considering getting certified to teach zumba and also thinking about eventually starting dance fitness class that incorporates African dance. I'm really into weight lifting, but dancing/dance fitness classes are my preferred cardio so I always get a little leaner the more I do it.