Totally beyond frustrated!

Options
IAmABetterMe
IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
I'm currently on armor,,,, before I was on synthroid. My numbers show I am optimized even though many of my symptoms are still present.

I now have a new symptom of swollen ankles and legs,,, so I can't walk very much....and now I can't lose a single pound, I am not gluten free, I have been in the past and it seemed like I was gaining faster than I am now. I am so beyond frustrated... I really need a direction because my doctors don't help... Is there anyone else out the that understands and has been in my place but has gotten out of it?

Replies

• pennyk54166
    pennyk54166 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How frustrating!! My advice: get a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion. Your symptoms should be taken into effect when determining dosages. Unfortunately, we need to advocate for ourselves in the medical field. You know your body better than anyone else. Don't give up.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Try reading the "Stop the thyroid Madness" site this has loads of information on it. There are also national Thyroid Support sites in the US, Australia and the UK all give information which may help in giving you the information you need to empower you and enable you to achieve the best level of medication you can for yourself. These sites give reason for the numbers used by some doctors to be floored, and the knowledge that you will probably need to change your doctor sometimes several times in order to achieve good health or the best health for now. Keep hammering at it. You will win.

Thyroid issues are as different as every person with issues. Hang on in there.
  • Janette3x4
    Options
    How frustrating!! My advice: get a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion. Your symptoms should be taken into effect when determining dosages. Unfortunately, we need to advocate for ourselves in the medical field. You know your body better than anyone else. Don't give up.

This ^ because there could be another health issue going on besides thyroid! Swollen feet and ankles could mean a lot of different things and your Dr. should be checking those out! I feel for you. I am in the process of trying to train my Dr. too. It is so frustrating, I know. ???? hugs.
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable with it, you could open your diary and we could give you some feedback if there is anything you could change. Sometimes that can help. It is very hard, I hear your pain!