Forgot to eat in moderation

Options
Hi, I'm new to the group and have problems with portion control. Certain foods (sweets and namely 'junk food') are just so powerful for me that I cannot eat in moderation. I used to be in a low-carb diet and felt fabulous for the first month or two, visibly shedding fat and being fully in control. The whole thing started as I started 'rewarding' myself with cheat meals or even cheat days. What started as one pancake meal extended into chocolate cakes for dessert, croissants for lunch and by mid-day, giving up because I 'blew' the day and emptying bags of chips and nuts, the ice cream pint and practically everything in my house.

It's an all-or-not thing; on days I eat no sugar or anything 'bad' I can go through the entire day. But even at the smallest piece of chocolate, my floodgate's open and I stuff myself until my stomach hurts.

I don't want to give up 100% on my treats, I just want to introduce them back into my diet without going overboard every time. Any advices/tips/experiences to share? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• CrzyBtyful
    CrzyBtyful Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group also and I have the same problem =/ I can start my day off great but one little slip up during the day and it all goes down hill. Then I feel horrible about myself. I definitely think that self-control has a lot to do with the impulses we get. It might sound crazy but when I'm tempted I try to just talk to myself and say things like "You don't need that cookie, it's not worth it". Just remind myself of the goal that I'm trying to achieve. Sorry if this doesn't help you at all or answer your question lol, this is my first forum response.
  • babyweightloser84
    Options
    I read this book "How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too" by Josie Spinardi. It really helped me. A mini summary is you want the food because you forbid yourself from having them. She has a great exercise where you acknowledge when your hungry and only eat the foods that you have forbid yourself. The cavet is you have stop as soon as your not hungry. But you do this for every single time your hungry. Its not the healthest, I did it for a month and still manage to lose 5 lbs. It was one of the hardest exercises I've ever done. It was so draining but, I can keep candys and snacks in my house now with out eating everything in one sitting.
  • phoebe4747
    Options
    I also find myself having one small treat and then feeling like a 'healthy day' is ruined and indulging in all my typical junk food favourites. However I read a book called 'beyond temptation: how to stop overeating and feel normal and in control around food' and it's been really helpful, there are so many great techniques in there!!