New here

Options
Hello all! I am so thankful I found this group! I recently began my journey to a better, healthier me. I have been doing very well with my diet and exercise. However, my TOM began yesterday. I attempted to exercise today, although I was in pain, and my usual 30 minute bike ride made the pain unbearable. I have daily pain due to my endo but I can manage, however, I spent a good portion of my period curled up in a ball in bed unable to function. I am just looking for some support and advice on how to keep on track with my diet and to try to attempt to be active during my period. To give you a background, I have had endo for ten years. For the first seven years I had a doctor who told me to suck it up and deal with it and who didn't believe me when I told her how much pain I was in. My second doctor operated and his post-op idea for care was for me to get pregnant. I was a few months shy of being 20. He kept pushing it and when I finally asked him to stop pushing it he said the only other thing he could do for me would be to recommend therapy to learn how to mentally deal with the pain. I hope I can learn from you ladies about how to balance a healthy and active lifestyle with endometriosis.

Replies

• mrslynah
    mrslynah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. Hope you're still on mfp. Try going gluten free and dairy free. Helped me a lot. Keep tracking your calories even when you can't exercise. Most of your weight loss will be diet.
  • lonniebosenko
    lonniebosenko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After surgery my doctor wanted me to go on chemical menopause even though I was 33. I said hell no and started working with a nutritionist. I cut out most dairy and gluten but caffeine makes the most difference for me. Every now and then I start sliding back but once the pressure starts up I kick myself in the butt and get back on track. I would recommend keep a food diary which this app helps. Start with eliminating on thing for a week and see how you feel then add it back and see how you feel again. Slowly keep doing this until you find out what your diet should be. Also pay attention to things which increase estrogen since the Endo uses that, I cut out diary because of the added hormones and soy since it increases estrogen too. It's a bit hard but check your makeup and lotions too through the skin deep website and it will tell you how it can affect your hormones.