Texas Method

Options
Crowhorse
Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
I went backwards a bit on my lifts today. I'm confused because I am not losing weight (or inches), but I'm eating at a deficit and it shows in the lifts. I don't think I can move forward much on my lifts at a deficit, but I'm not at my goal weight yet, and still have plenty of padding that needs to go.

I'm thinking Texas Method may be my next step.

Can someone explain the Texas Method to me? I tried to read up on it, but wasn't quite clear. I've been doing SL 5x5 (no accessories) and it's getting tough and I'm taking much longer breaks. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There are some subtle differences between TM and Madcow but both would be fine choices to progress from SS/SL.

How long has your weight been stalled and how many times have you had to deload on SL?

http://stronglifts.com/madcow-5x5-training-programs/

http://70sbig.com/blog/2011/01/the-texas-method-part-1/
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey SS, would Greyskull be another viable option?
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    My weight has been stalled over a month. I wasn't the best at a deficit last month, but I'm almost through a couple weeks of back to the grindstone and haven't really seen a loss. I've been bouncing around between 142-145 (I'm 5' 4" female). I'd like to get down to 125-130 and keep as much muscle as possible.

I haven't really progressed much in weight in the last month or so. I keep trying to go up. I might have days that feel really good, then others that are a struggle. Like last week, the two days of 5x5 at 110 BP were tough but doable, but today, I had to drop to 105 because I couldn't make the 5th rep of the first set. I'd like to make sure I'm still getting a good workout in, so am wondering if a 3x5 won't be enough, or whether to go to another program that is slower.

I've thought about Wendler, too, just unsure of where to go from here.

ETA how do you find your RM? Also, been pretty grouchy (or hangry, I should call it).