Freeletics in English or spansh

Options
oadeclerk
oadeclerk Posts: 10 Member
Hi guys, sorry but I don't speak german that's a huge disadvantage in the freeletics world. haha.

I just would like to know if you have any recomendation for a beginner.

Regards

Ale

Replies

• Timson81
    Timson81 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi,

there is not much I would recommend.

I would start with some workouts, you feel comfortable with and which fit your needs. I started with Afrodithe, Venus and later Helios, because I didn't have access to a pull up bar (Metis and Dione would probably an option, too).

If you have an FL account, you will receive emails with workout plans for the first couple of weeks, that might be a good start, too and will give you some time to choose whether or not to pay for a coach.

And don't be too competitive about the times of others, you see in your feed. They can be quite demotivating at the beginning. Your times will get faster pretty soon - specially at the beginning.
  • Fettwech
    Fettwech Posts: 88
    Options
    As far as I know, there are some english and spanish (even local) groups on Facebook. The Freeletics Community is growing each day. Maybe you can have a look at the groups on Facebook.

Some local groups have training times when they do workouts together. They also help beginners with questions and with the workouts to find a proper start.

Good luck and much fun with Freeletics!
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    Hi guys, thank you for your answers.

I'm actually following the 5 week plan for beginners. I receive an email every saturday with the instructions for the week. Today, I finished y second week. I really love this program.
    A few hours ago, I did my first Aphrodite without any exercise modifed, it took my 38 minutes, and I almost died. Haha
    Do you have any particular recomendation for the food, besides eating healthly and taking 2 grams of protein per kilo daily? Are you taking any protein shake?
    I think that I follow the strength guide, what about you?

Regarding the groups, I've already joined them that they are not very much active. It's an expensive program for us. I'm from Argentina. Just to give you an example, I worked in a multinational company with a position similar to a manager and my salary is less than 1000 euro per months. The price in euros does not incitivate people to join.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards

Ale
  • Fettwech
    Options
    Very good time, Ale! It took almost one hour for me doing my first aphrodite...

Regarding the costs for the coach: you can get in contact with the guys from Freeletics and explain them your situation. As far as I know they are kind of flexible with their rates under circumstances like this. Just give it a try!

I do the Cardio & Strength Guide. And it's very challenging for me. By the way: you can switch the focus of the coach once per week if you think you would better like to go with the Cardio Coach for example.

What's your name on Freeletics? You can find my there as Fettwech Fettwech. If you like, add me.
  • Timson81
    Timson81 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago, I did my first Aphrodite without any exercise modifed, it took my 38 minutes, and I almost died.
    That's a great time!
    Do you have any particular recomendation for the food, besides eating healthly and taking 2 grams of protein per kilo daily? Are you taking any protein shake?
    Nope, I just try eating healthy (at least healthier than before) and try to eat as much protein as possible, but barely reach that 2 grams mark.
    I'm taking protein shakes (those from Scitec) usually after workout and sometimes in the morning, when I've missed buying proper breakfast. :wink:
    I think that I follow the strength guide, what about you?

I don't use the coach, because I'm doing other sports than FL and I'm not sure, if I would hit the weekly goals. I usually have some spare time at work and create my own training plans (but some days I realize, they suck :laugh: ). I usually do the strength workouts but sometimes go for cardio, just when I feel like doing so.
  • oadeclerk
    Options

Regarding the costs for the coach: you can get in contact with the guys from Freeletics and explain them your situation. As far as I know they are kind of flexible with their rates under circumstances like this. Just give it a try!

I do the Cardio & Strength Guide. And it's very challenging for me. By the way: you can switch the focus of the coach once per week if you think you would better like to go with the Cardio Coach for example.

What's your name on Freeletics? You can find my there as Fettwech Fettwech. If you like, add me.
    li
    Thanks for the advice. I've a strength guide download from torrent but I would to buy the coach because I want to support the program. I'll contact them. I ddin't donwload the app yet, I'll do it in the next days I think.

Thanks again

Ale
  • oadeclerk
    Options

Do you know how can I contact them?

Regards

Ale
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    There is the mail adress info@freeletics.com
    and also a contact form on the website: https://support.freeletics.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

... and, did you do your first Aphrodite yet? :)
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    There is the mail adress info@freeletics.com
    and also a contact form on the website: https://support.freeletics.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

... and, did you do your first Aphrodite yet? :)
    Hi, I found the support link rigth after I posted here. I'm waiting for a reply...

I'm in the forth week of the first 5 ones. The free ones.
    I've already done Aphrodite twice. Both of them almost kill me... hahaha
    It took me 38' 20'' (3-7) the first time, and 30' 25'' the second time (wednesday 9-7).

I'm also updating a blog with some photos, I've just started:

http://nusquema.wordpress.com/

Regards

Ale
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    Hi, I got my discount for the strength guide. I'll begin 28th July. Now I'm in the second week of the hell week from the 5 week introduction plan. I've last more than 4 kilos and I will try to loose 3 or 4 more and them focus on building muscle. I really love this program. I'm tracking my progress in this blog:

Regards

Ale
  • Fettwech
    Options
    Hello Ale, I am happy to hear that you got the discount and that you can start with the coach now.

I will have a look at your blog and am looking forward seeing your results. Have a great time with your strength coach!
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    Hi, this is my blog. I'm in the 8th week of 20

Regards

Ale

• thrashjazzassassin
    Options
    Hi Ale,

Yeah, perhaps an English thread pinned at the top for introductions and FAQs?

I stumbled upon the freeletics app quite by accident, when it was still something new. I'm still using it now, and LOVE the workouts. My fitness level really kicked up a gear! I don't use the coach however, because I don't want to be locked in to a rigid structure (my work also doesn't have a regular schedule, so it can easily interrupt). I would prefer to progress through its recommended stages in my own way and time. Basically, I still enjoy pushing some iron, too, I have a gym membership and I want to slowly bulk up while maintaining my leanness. If I could complete 15 weeks in 30, for instance, I would subscribe for sure. For now, I have the old freeletics PDF for strength building. I follow that, and combine it with barbell and dumbbell work too.

Last year I got my Aphrodite time down to 22.55 :smile: and metis down to 3.45!! :smile:

This year, with renewed focus on strength and weight gain, my times have slipped somewhat; I can't keep up with my old burpee pace (it's always the burpees that do me in! :ohwell: ). I'm about 3-4kg heavier, which perhaps tires me out faster shifting that from floor to ceiling over and over :smile: On the flipside, I can rip out nearly 30 pull-ups without stopping now, and probably close to 60 push-ups, so in that department I'm definitely stronger.

Congrats on your excellent progress! I see quite a lot of people at the gym wasting their time... either pounding away on treadmills, or working with dumb-bells in ways that aren't going to do anything for them, and I think, they should really do some high intensity body weight work, it will give them solid muscle and literally melt their fat away. Not to mention outrageous fitness!
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    Hi thrashjazzass, I couldn't agree more with you. I took my time from 38 to 23 for Aphrodite in just two months! This really works! 30 pull ups is really big number! congrats!

I like Freeletics. It's very enjoyable and you can see results quick and without leaving home!

The two main weak points are: 1) we don't have a clear nutrition plan. But when you are enough interested, you can read and learn a lot without any subscription. 2) They don't focus on the technique of the exercises, so you need to make some research by yourself. For example, it's not realist for a beginner or intermediate athlete to make 5 handstand push up with a learning period.

However, as you say, it's a very powerful tool to be completed with another activities and it's a good way to begin learning about
    training and fitness.

Regards

Ale
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yeah, perhaps an English thread pinned at the top for introductions and FAQs?

First off, yes please ^^^

Secondly, I just started last night. I'm horribly out of shape and overweight. I would have never imagined a gut would make mountain climbers so hard. Started with the coach and I appreciate that it isn't making me do a full Aphrodite out of the gate.

Everyone has to start somewhere right? All the best!
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    Absolutely rigth. It's hard to begin but it gets better with time and the result come quickly! I improved my Aphrodite from 38 to 22 minutes in less than 2 months, just as an example.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's some serious progress!!
  • oadeclerk
    Options
    That's some serious progress!!

Yes, remember to write down your times, you will see a great improvement also.

Regards

Ale