Welcome...

Options
Hi my name is Linda and I am looking to meet like minded people who are on a mission to get all of the processed, chemical laden food out of their diets, and to eat clean.

I have been doing the LCHF Diet since May, 24 2014 and have just recently switched over to the "Keto Clarity" way of eating. While I find that my weight loss have been slow (4.5 pounds per month), I am seeing inches lost all over my body. I have incorporated intermittent fasting which for me is eating between the hours of 3 pm through 7 pm daily. I find that by eating higher amounts of fats, I am no longer craving sweets and/or am I constantly hungry. I have had my labs done back in June and am going to have another one done in September to see the changes in my overall labs, for comparison.

Questions for you:

How long have you been eating this way?
Have you had your labs done?
Have you found the weight loss slow or moderate?
Has your cravings diminished?
Can you see the changes in how your clothes fit?
Are you having a hard time with getting your nutritional percentages in (Fat/Protein/Carbs)?

I would love to hear from you and discuss our daily pros and cons of the day, and maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other to make this way of eating work even better for us.

"If you keep on going the way you're going you'll end up where you're heading - which direction are you aiming for?"

Replies

• 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been loosing since 1st Feb last. I have been on the 5;2 sticking to 450 cals a day twice a week. The other 5 days I try to eat plenty of healthy fats and very low carb/ moderate protein. But I wouldnt say Im in ketosis yet, more like low carb...but then the 5;2 is supposed to put us into ketosis so I dont really know where I am. Anyway, I am so pleased with my success, its been slow but not too difficult. One thing I have noticed is that weight loss occurs in fits and starts ie two or three weeks with no loss or little, and then a week with 4 or 5 lbs gone. I am especially pleased because I am 53 and post menopausal. I had experiences on other diets where the scales just did not budge at all no matter what I did. Also I copped on this time that the scale is the enemy and so I focused more on inch loss especially for the first couple of months. I have lost about 7 inches from my waist and 6 from my hips and some in several other places. I think I have lost nearly 2 stone but I cant be sure cos I didnt weigh in the beginning. I feel really great and I have lots of energy. I have not had labs done because its too expensive but I suspect good change there too.
    Also it seems like my metabolic rate is increased, its not as sluggish as it was when I started. That might be due to increased insulin sensitivity? On the other hand I still crave sweet things and I still graze a bit at night on non fast days. Thats the only negative. Clothes wise I am now 10/12 whilst before a size 16 was tight on me. But getting back to keto, my carbs are somewhere between 50g and 100 g a day. Like I say, I dont know if Im really in ketosis. Any opinions gladly accepted.....
  • C67241
    Options
    Hi Dublin:

Nice to chat with you and look forward to meeting all the others in the group soon too.

It looks like you are doing very well considering the amount of carbs that you intake daily. So if you are satisfied with the inches lost and because this type of eating is more of a "fat loss" then it is a "weight loss" diet, I don't think you necessarily have to change anything unless you want to try to lose more an additional pound or two, by lowering the carbs. I find that as long as the inches are showing, I too do not necessarily worry about the scale either.

Question: Do you take coconut oil or MCT Oil? I know that it helps keep away my cravings and keeps me feeling full throughout the day.

Well, keep on doing what works for you and hoping to hear from you again soon. Have a great day and keep moving towards your goal. We can do it with each other's help. :happy:

Linda
    Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions.
  • pklme
    Options
    Hi, I'm Portia.
    I am just starting to drop carbs, ready to go LCHF. I'm a bit unsure, so starting slowly. So far I have been using my fitness pal and drinking vegetable/fruit blends and am losing just under a kg a week. I seem to be looking and feeling much better than a 4kg loss would suggest- I still have 40kg to lose.
    I am starting to limit carbs to see if that helps. I'm not brave enough to add unnecessary fat, yet, though I don't limit fat- I have nuts, avocados etc.
    Is there room for me in this group, just taking things slowly? Its ok if you want to keep it strictly for Kato Clarity.
    :smile:
  • C67241
    Options
    Hi Portia:

The only way to start LCHF is to jump right in. No more than 20g Total Carbs per day, cut out the fruit juices, careful on the nuts and you should be good to go. Get yourself some Virgin coconut oil and add that (1 Tablespoon) to your coffee or tea (this is how you are upping your fats). Good Fats will make you skinny, so don't be afraid of it. You will know it is working when you find that you are not hungry.

Please read the book or go on the internet to get all the rules. Have a great day.

Linda
    When you expect success, your mind focuses on success.