Take 2...

Tahlij
Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
So, a few years back I stumbled across this group. I was eating 1200 cals a day, cardio bunny with very light weights 5 times a week. Usual stuff, no energy, hair falling out, nails breaking, 'womens stuff' not happening, no bowel movements etc..I saw this group, jumped on the wagon but I guess I never took it seriously, still scared that those cals would 'hurt' me, that I was only a girl and weights just weren't for me..so nothing really happened.

Fast forward a few years and here I am, very nearly battled my demons on food and willing to put everything I have in to this. I love food, I love fitness and I want my body to be able to use up all these cals for fuel..

I started a weight training programme around 10 weeks ago at predominantly a male orientate gym with a friend (female) - first time through the doors were a little scary, now the men talk to us and couldn't be more helpful..I now have triceps!!! BOOM!! My cardio comes from my Judo training once a week plus I have just acquired a cross trainer which I will use 2 maybe 3 times a week for short sharp HIIT sessions.

The last 4 weeks I have just been lifting, my Judo club closes down during August, I have seen more progress in these 4 weeks than any other.

In a nutshell - wanted to say 'hey' again, I look forward to reading everyone's progress and updates and I'll keep you posted I guess.. :)

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Welcome to the group & well done on starting anew!
  • Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Welcome, Tahlij! So glad you decided to join in all the fun! :) It's definitely the right decision and it sounds like you're already having some great progress. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. You can also check out EM2WL.com for more support and forums - there's a great group of ladies and team members over there who will help you along the way. Welcome again - you can add me if you want!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Hi there!
    Sounds like you're on your way !! Yay for lifting and building those triceps!! Congrats on your success so far. Please do keep us posted. Hopefully we'll see you over at EM2WL.com!
    Feel free to add me also.
  • Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you ladies..

I'll drop you both an add :)

I found the forum, have signed up but still waiting for my activation email to come through so I can post.. :( Excited to be back, loving it at the moment and can't wait to see more progress, little bit at a time :happy: