September miles tracking

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
I created a spreadsheet for mile tracking for September. Add yourself, set a goal and start tracking away. You can track any miles you want (running, walking, swimming, biking, crawling, kayaking etc). This is about you setting a goal and working to meet it!

My goal for September will be 60 miles. I missed it in August by 20 miles or so but I KNOW I can do better in September.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18io-6WHNjGekKC3F7ZePcCO1SIPytItIu6J3Zv2vn94/edit#gid=0

Replies

• jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month will be 70 miles. I met this same goal last month. I'm also running my first 5K this Saturday and my first 10K October 4. All of this in preparation for my first half marathon April 2015 and a 60 mile relay run in June 2015. I've truly found exercise that I love love love to do. Thanks for creating the spreadsheet :-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    My goal for this month will be 70 miles. I met this same goal last month. I'm also running my first 5K this Saturday and my first 10K October 4. All of this in preparation for my first half marathon April 2015 and a 60 mile relay run in June 2015. I've truly found exercise that I love love love to do. Thanks for creating the spreadsheet :-)

I started running in 2011 as a way to get the baby weight off after my first son was born. I ran a few 5k's that year and ran a half marathon in June 2012. Then I had to stop running when I got pregnant with my second son. Since he was born in March 2013, I have been trying to get back into it but it is tough to find the time with two kids and working full time. I am hoping to do a few 5k's this fall and do another half marathon in Spring 2015. I also want to do the Ragnar Relay Race on Cape Cod in May. Hopefully I can get some people together to run it with me.

Good luck with your first 5K!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You are awesome Dani! I just got done making the spreadsheet thinking crap I'm late! lol

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    You are awesome Dani! I just got done making the spreadsheet thinking crap I'm late! lol

Jo

No problem. At least this time I remembered to open it for everyone to be able to edit. Last time I didn't realize that had to be selected and it was a few days before I got back on and noticed that no one could edit.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 60. I should be getting a med cleared from my system in a couple of days allowing me to return a more active life.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I will probably not be able to hit 60 miles this month. i have been having back problems and today it went into full blown spasms. They were bad enough that I couldn't get myself out of the recliner. The Paramedic had to come and get me out of the chair and get me to the hospital. I have a nice prescription of Valium to help with the spasms but can't really attempt any form of exercise until they stop. But once I am medically cleared I will get right back at it!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I will probably not be able to hit 60 miles this month. i have been having back problems and today it went into full blown spasms. They were bad enough that I couldn't get myself out of the recliner. The Paramedic had to come and get me out of the chair and get me to the hospital. I have a nice prescription of Valium to help with the spasms but can't really attempt any form of exercise until they stop. But once I am medically cleared I will get right back at it!
    I am sorry Dani girl. ((hugs)) Just work on getting yourself better. Back problems are the worst.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    Ran my first 5K this morning. Personal best time for me of 29:55. Now onto the 10K in October :-)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Ran my first 5K this morning. Personal best time for me of 29:55. Now onto the 10K in October :-)
    Woot woot!!! Congrats hon! :drinker:

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Walked a little over a mile with my fur baby this afternoon. Beautiful day today. :0)

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options

That is great! Congrats. I have been running off and on over the last 3 years (as time, family, and injuries permit) and I have yet to officially run a sub 30 5k. I have done it in practice but nothing "official"
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Manage a nice, slow 0.25 mile down to my mother-in-laws and back without any additional back issues. I am nowhere near 100% but I am glad I can move a bit without sharp pain and spasms and can actually find some position where I am not in pain. That must be a good sign that my body is healing.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Managed a nice lunchtime walk to day. I start massage therapy on Wednesday. Hopefully it will help my back recuperate a little faster. I can't start physical therapy until mid october. I am hoping this will heal on its own before then.
  • Lisa0Anne
    Lisa0Anne Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get to a PC I will open the spreadsheet and join :)
  • Lisa0Anne
    Options
    Mama have you ever tried massage oils? Checkout ethereal therapy they have topical application formulas for many ailments haven't used it myself yet but the stories I heard about it are amazing.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    It's nice to see you are able to run again mamarundrc!!!!!!
  • Lisa0Anne
    Options
    I can open it but I can't edit it
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I can open it but I can't edit it

is anyone else having issues? I can still edit and I didn't change any settings. Lisa0Anne, Is it not letting you type in the box? Does it give you an error message?
  • Lisa0Anne
    Options
    No error message just can't add anything...can't click in cells.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Dani click on the Share button under "sign in" and change the access from anyone with link can access to anyone with link can edit, see if that works. I cannot put anything in either.

Jo