Day 8

Options
9/4 Another great day! I worked arms today in the gym so I had a tough time. My arms are somewhat of my weak muscle group (along with my abs) so I really had to push myself. I am so lucky to have such an encouraging boyfriend! He coaches me in the gym and keeps me going! I am going to try to post a picture here later if I can, wish me luck :laugh:

Replies

• tams644
    tams644 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    9/4 was a great workout day :)
  • tams644
    Options
    9/4 Another great day! I worked arms today in the gym so I had a tough time. My arms are somewhat of my weak muscle group (along with my abs) so I really had to push myself. I am so lucky to have such an encouraging boyfriend! He coaches me in the gym and keeps me going! I am going to try to post a picture here later if I can, wish me luck :laugh:

awesome!!!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im still sick, so im not doing so well lol
    Hopefully next week will be better
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how to upload pictures?
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    OMG I figured it out!!! Here I am pumping some iron in the gym :wink: :bigsmile:

14960427590_8689fb6b76_n.jpg
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Hope you're feeling better soon!

9/4 I was on the go so I didn't eat the best of things, but I was under my calorie goal. I did eat a little over 1200 calories, and am hoping this helps move the darned scale. The surgery center called today, and I'll be getting the first of 3 shots to my lower spine on the 15th. :bigsmile: I'm really praying that this is going to work because between the scoliosis and arthritis, walking is still difficult. On the bright side, I'm still on my feet! :drinker: Happy Friday, everyone, and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    OMG I figured it out!!! Here I am pumping some iron in the gym :wink: :bigsmile:

You go, girl!!! Pump some for me, too!! :wink:
  • kelseyann92
    Options

You go, girl!!! Pump some for me, too!! :wink:

Thanks Michelle, that bar is a lot heavier than it looks!!:laugh:
  • Astraea05
    Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    what are you doing for arm weights. I am clueless when it comes to lifting. sounds like you have a very good plan. I need a plan :embarassed:
  • kelseyann92
    Options
    what are you doing for arm weights. I am clueless when it comes to lifting. sounds like you have a very good plan. I need a plan :embarassed:

I am actually doing on of the workout plans from bodybuilding.com. It's called "Get Swole". Bodybuilding.com has free workout programs that you can download! You can choose your body type and then they will choose a program for you! you should definitely check it out!
    But yesterday I did bicep curls, incline curls, skull crushers, tricep dips and cheat curls :tongue:
  • bridetobeMEC
    bridetobeMEC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    9/4 was great for me on food. It was such a nice day outside that I decided to take the dogs on a walk to the dog park so I didn't have time for the gym but I still achieved my 10,000 steps per day challenge so I was happy about that! Great job everybody :)
  • tams644
    Options

very cool! Looking great :)
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For the most part yesterday was a good day. Considering at 8:00 PM on Wednesday I was in dire straights with my back situation. Was up and around and managed to get the lawn cut so I got some credit for "some" exercise.
    Getting better and more determined than ever to "Get UR done".
    Plan for today is to get the pup out for a walk for about an hour, hopefully I can make it happen!
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Great job!!
  • WarriorBill65
    WarriorBill65 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Hope you bounce back quickly, with lotsa renewed energy !!!
  • WarriorBill65
    Options
    For the most part yesterday was a good day. Considering at 8:00 PM on Wednesday I was in dire straights with my back situation. Was up and around and managed to get the lawn cut so I got some credit for "some" exercise.
    Getting better and more determined than ever to "Get UR done".
    Plan for today is to get the pup out for a walk for about an hour, hopefully I can make it happen!

Keep that positive attitude going, Bill !!!
  • WarriorBill65
    Options

Looking good pumpin' that iron, Kelsey, great form !!!! Really proud of you.....
  • WarriorBill65
    Options
    I had a great day 9/4 Yoga class and weight lifting in the morning, a Pilates class and another Yoga class in the evening. Retirement = lots of time to devote to exercise, and I'm blessed with lots of energy and motivation !!!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Astraea05
    Options

Hope you're feeling better soon!

9/4 I was on the go so I didn't eat the best of things, but I was under my calorie goal. I did eat a little over 1200 calories, and am hoping this helps move the darned scale. The surgery center called today, and I'll be getting the first of 3 shots to my lower spine on the 15th. :bigsmile: I'm really praying that this is going to work because between the scoliosis and arthritis, walking is still difficult. On the bright side, I'm still on my feet! :drinker: Happy Friday, everyone, and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!!!
    Good luck with the shots on the 15th hope you have a great weekend also!