Starting Atkins Induction on 9/1-- Motivation/Support Group

Options
Welcome! This is a thread for anyone who is about to begin, or has recently started, Atkins Induction. Seasoned Atkins devotees are also welcome! The goal of this thread is to provide motivation and support for fellow Atkins-goers. Please feel free to post any goals, successes, or challenges. You may also share interesting low carb recipes, diet strategies, or your new go-to exercise routine! Happy low carbing!

Replies

• CumbriaBeval
    CumbriaBeval Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I was already planning to start the induction phase on 9/1. I hope a few others sign up. :happy:
  • highcarbveganzombie
    highcarbveganzombie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am starting very soon (just waiting for some $ for groceries) and will definitely need some help. Thanks for starting this thread. :)
  • harrisonsmum
    harrisonsmum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started - Today is day 2.
    I've done Atkins before and lost well on it. I've managed to rope hubby into doing it with me...Tho, he doesn't have much to lose, so is looser with his carbs. (I have quite a bit to lose....I'd love to lose around 75lbs eeek!)

Eggs and bacon for brekkie
    Cheese and bacon burger bake with Salad for lunch
    Pork belly slices w/garlic courgette for dinner.
    Snacks - Pepperami & 2 babybel.

Plenty of water.

Could do with the support here. Good luck with starting!
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm about to begin! Support is much appreciated. So far-breakfast is a couple of slices of bacon and two eggs.
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone- I just completed 2 weeks of induction and lost 8.6 lbs. I have now started phase two and added nc carbs to 25. This week I am adding some almonds for my snack. I changed my macros in MFP to 10%C/30%P/60%F just to try to monitor more closely. I am only 5' 2" and have my calories set for 1250 (May have to tweak cal and macros). Looking to encourage and support each other in this way of eating (Atkins) Please feel free to send a friend request.
  • marichairs
    marichairs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys I started two weeks ago but Ive been bad at logging and this past weekend i fell off a little...but i did manage to lose 10 pounds. So starting again today.. good luck everyone
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your WOE everyone.
  • KittenToni
    KittenToni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm trying to start atkins as well. I did pretty good for the first couple days but splurged today & my net carbs will be about 65 :-\ could be worse though!

Feel free to add me!