New pants.

Options
Victoria5639
Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
I went to kohls yesterday to get new capris. They have an elastic waist and are made of stretchy jean material. I had gotten a size 8 a few months ago and went to get a size six. They didn't have a size six but the had aa size 4. I tried them on and they fit. Now I know because of the make of them is the only reason I can wear them, but I'll take it. My largest jeans were a size 24. I'm no longer considered obese just over weight. I just want to cry. I never thought in a thousand years I would be here. I have 31 more pounds to go and it is coming off very slowly it will probably take at least a year to make it but I'm on cloud nine.

Replies

• sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV!! but I have to ask, you can wear a size 4 and want to lose 31 more pounds?!? Is that safe? I ask only because I am now in the overweight category as well, to get to healthy BMI I need to lose 25 more. I'm 5"4" and a size 8 and perfectly content to stay there. I would be a walking skeleton if I lost 25 more pounds.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I wonder how you can still be in the overweight category at a size 4? Or even a 6 or 8? Those sizes are extremely small--I am an 8 and have been in the normal category for well over a year and a half. You've done AMAZING! Never, never shortchange yourself--you've come so far and I'm sure you look fantastic!
  • Victoria5639
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 166 I would like to be 135. I work out a lot so the sizes are going down more than the weight. Believe me I can not wear a size 4 in any thing else.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Congratulations!!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yay :)

I know how you feel. I have a random skirt that is a very generous size 8, and I can SQUEEZE into it. I can't exactly wear it now, but I still find it encouraging!!
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Depends on your height and bone structure. I'm 5'7" (almost 47 years old) and right now I can wear an 8 top, but a 10 0r 12 pant and I'm still 20lbs over the top of the healthy BMI range and frankly I can see it on my body. The top of my healthy BMI range is 155lbs, I'm sitting at 175lbs as of this morning. I'd like to hit around 135lbs. I'd like to lose 35-40 more pounds and I have it to lose in my hips and thighs (legs all over really) and stomach. My upper body is pretty lean. So just because you are a size 8 doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have more weight to lose. I honestly don't think even if I lose another 40lbs I'll ever wear a size 4 pant (maybe a 6 or an 8) just based on my bone structure.
  • Victoria5639
    Options
    Thanks y'all . Great feed back keeps me pumped. It's awesome we are all doing so well. Look out world!!!
  • ChristyEvans2020
    ChristyEvans2020 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment Victoria. Thank you for sharing. I. Scheduled for a gastric sleeve in mid October! Can't wait.
  • Victoria5639
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment Victoria. Thank you for sharing. I. Scheduled for a gastric sleeve in mid October! Can't wait.
    . I'm so excited for you. God luck with everything. Feel free to ask me anything .
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling every time you get to go down another number! It's hard to see the weight loss in the mirror, but you know you're losing when your pants are getting smaller.
  • bariatricbarbie1
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • dnlg18652
    Options
    Wow amazing just to see the weight loss on this forum. I am scheduled for Surgery if all goes well Sept. 24th. SOON!!! I can't wait to see all the pounds come off and say off.
  • Victoria5639
    Options
    Wow amazing just to see the weight loss on this forum. I am scheduled for Surgery if all goes well Sept. 24th. SOON!!! I can't wait to see all the pounds come off and say off.
    O my just around the corner. Good luck!