Smaller Keto people: Under 5'4"

Options
Hi guys

I was wondering how Keto has been working out for the shorter crowd. I'm just starting out, and at 4'11" and 150lbs you don't burn many calories in a day so diet (and exercise) is really important. Have you been noticing weight loss?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    As a 5'4" tall man, this is the first time I've ever been "too tall" to participate. ;-)

Although I am borderline, I've lost almost 50 lbs from keto alone. It's been fairly slow going (losing about 0.5-1 lb a week currently), but I am also eating a lot and not trying to rush things. I am much happier eating 2,000 calories a day and losing at that rate than I would be eating 1,500 calories a day and losing at 1.5-2 lbs a week.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 at 167# right now. However, I started at 230#. I target about 1400 cals under 20 net carbs. I did start lifting heavy the last two months so the scale has not shown much difference, however my clothes fit better and people notice the physical change.

If I am hungry I eat more, but I stay keto. The weight loss has been slower (1 yr by this November) however I have enjoyed the time better than the traditional low cal SAD. I did not incorporate exercises until May of this year, and the last 2 months more heavy lifting.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, and I started this out at 218. I've dropped over 50 pounds so far, and as long as I stick to my diet, I keep losing.
  • less_than_5
    Options
    I'm 4'll. I haven't really made a point to exercise but I have had more energy so my normal daily things are easier to do. I've been on keto seriously for about a month now and I've dropped 16lbs and 4 pant sizes so far. I did keto casually the month before I started mfp and lost 2lbs. There was a lot of learning that first month and a few flipping back and forth just to get a feel for it. Now I'm hooked. I'm getting better at hitting my macros and putting together meals.