So... I think I insulted a few Americans MFPers

Options
fwhittaker
fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
Woops I think I went a bit overboard in this discussion about naughty treat foods http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1407393-are-these-even-legal-o-o

Didn't mean to insult Americans, but do any of you Aussies agree the food is yooky?

Replies

• amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    too humbug to trawl the pages :) but yes on the first few pages, I was thinking WHAAAAT that is disgusting gluttonly crap..... to each their own I spose.... which is kinda funny cos normally I am down for that crap lmao
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Most Americans don't recognise sarcasm very well.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Most Americans don't recognise sarcasm very well.

That is because us Aussies are a bit strange with our sense of humor. Weird thing is my best friend on here is American and so far we haven't had that issue. I should probably talk to him about it though since I tend to be rather sarcastic and wouldn't want to upset him.
  • fwhittaker
    Options
    Tee hee. I wasn't very diplomatic though so probably deserved the backlash... We like taking the p!ss out of each other though don't we?!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think we do sometimes :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Having an Aussie take the piss out of you is a sign that you're friends. I think there are a lot of overly sensitive people on the message boards. Must be all the hangriness.

Americans definietly do food in an over-the-top way. They have some really gross stuff - I mean seriously, what the hell is that orange liquid cheese! Vom
  • fwhittaker
    Options
    Having an Aussie take the piss out of you is a sign that you're friends. I think there are a lot of overly sensitive people on the message boards. Must be all the hangriness.

Americans definietly do food in an over-the-top way. They have some really gross stuff - I mean seriously, what the hell is that orange liquid cheese! Vom

Agree!
  • Betti2
    Betti2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't worry to much I'm sure you wont really offend..

Just having returned from the USA I know what you mean every time I travel there I'm gobsmacked by how big their meals are & the types of junk food so readily available.

I definitely take my hat of to any USA person on here who loses weight, it's certainly an achievement with all the temptations.

For the record I didn't gain any wieght on a 6 week holiday. I followed my Drs suggestions, always leave food on your plate..it worked for me, & I managed to resist temptation....well sometimes...
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Haha. I'm sure they will live. I think I'd like to try mac n cheese pizza just once! Most of it looked so morish it made me feel like I need a glass of water, though :P
    Also agree with Oreo's. What's the deal there? It's just a really overrated chocky biscuit IMO. Tim Tams are far superior.
  • rachelesmfp
    Options
    Haha. I'm sure they will live. I think I'd like to try mac n cheese pizza just once! Most of it looked so morish it made me feel like I need a glass of water, though :P
    Also agree with Oreo's. What's the deal there? It's just a really overrated chocky biscuit IMO. Tim Tams are far superior.

+1 on the tim tams :D
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

+1 on the tim tams :D

Totally agree
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Americans tend to be overly sensitive. And a bit on the self-righteous side. There's such a sense of entitlement. Bah. Faahkem.

Btw.....I'm an American :P
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Their food is disgusting and they can't appreciate good food.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been called "Anti-American" a couple times on the boards lol And if I hear the word "PANTIES" :confounded: one more time I'm gonna scream!!
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie I'd eat a good 90% of the things in that thread!

Now excuse me I'm off to wrap some fries in bacon, pour chilli on top and wrap it in more bacon!

and then put cheese on top
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Their foods, particularly their processed ones, are seriously dodgy cr@p.
    Ours are not much better.
    There's stuff in those pictures that would have enticed me a decade ago but I have re-educated my palate a lot since.
    A lot of "heart attack in waiting" foods in that thread, fwhittaker.
  • yxlr8
    yxlr8 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really can't fathom how they make food from packets and packets of fake food! So many of their recipes mix this packet with this packet with this soft drink and bam...food
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I live in Australia. I got food poisoning twice when I visited America, never planning on visiting again