Fall team challenge 2014?

Options
mrspeterson
mrspeterson Posts: 54 Member
Hate the erg? Then you're doing it right! Join other MFP rowers for thIs year's Fall Team Challenge!

ALL LEVELS WELCOME.

EVERY METER COUNTS.

From September 15 to October 15, row as much as you can. Set your own goal and go!

On the concept2 site, create a login if you don't already have one, then click on the "teams" tab. Select "MFP Friends" as your team and join the challenge. We tend to encourage one another on our timelines so friend me and I'll send you the usernames of our teammates.

We have eight people signed up so far. Last year we has 13 and rowed an average of 80k.

You will likely row more than you ever thought possible, and it's way more fun and horrible than you can imagine.

Let's go!

Replies

• robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am going to be on holiday until the 23rd September- so can only row from the 24th - I hope this is ok?
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    OF COURSE it's okay! Every meter counts! Everybody sign up!

http://log.concept2.com/log_team.asp
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Signed up & getting ready!
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I signed up and am begging for mercy--haven't been on the rower for 2 months :-(

I'd best get some warm ups in :ohwell:
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Interested. Just need clearance from my doc.
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    16 members! Let's get it to 20! (But not over... ;-) )

I recruited my husband (injured runner) to start rowing. Even if he rows 1k a day, it still might make a difference in the end overcoming the spa misfits or forum flyers or whoever dares compete for our virtual team, 5-20 crown! Last fall I rowed 100k and my goal this time is 150,000. That's just 5k a day everyday, or 7500 for 20 days. As a team we rowed a bit over a million meters with 13 folks. We've added a few powerhouses since last fall (Lou, Robin, John, Brian, Krista, Mary and of course Eric) and I have no doubt we'll beat that by far. Last fall 1.8 million meters got a team into the top ten of our category. Let's do it! Every meter counts!
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    I just looked up the World erg challenge (which I had to drop out of) and y'all rowed 2.3 million meters! WOW. Can we top that???
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Never been called a "powerhouse" before. <Blushes> :-)

Row Row Row!!!
  • mrspeterson
    Options
    Face it lady, you are now!!! Top woman!

I will crush you someday.

Did I say that outloud?
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bring it! LOL. Lord, I'm tired. Planning to do 8k today, which will bring my challenge total over the 100K mark... and then I'm resting this weekend. Sort of. I want to take my scull out, but I don't do significant distance on that. I'm still learning how to steer. Whoever said that erging is "just like" rowing a real boat was a big, fat liar!
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Since we've crossed the Oct 15th line, is this challenge done?

I'm very much a newbie but would be interested in joining something like this for fun!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    DM01234 wrote: »

I'm very much a newbie but would be interested in joining something like this for fun!

This one is done but there's the Virtual team Challenge on C2's web site in January.

log.concept2.com/challenge/events/vtc.asphttp://

our "team" is MFP Friends, new members are always welcome.

C2 also has an individual challenge coming up between American Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    DM01234 wrote: »

This one is done but there's the Virtual team Challenge on C2's web site in January.

log.concept2.com/challenge/events/vtc.asphttp://

our "team" is MFP Friends, new members are always welcome.

C2 also has an individual challenge coming up between American Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thank you! I will finally sign up for the C2 site now.