Let's interact!

Options
Tell me about yourself! What are you long term goals?

My name is Destiny i'm 21, I work as a medical assistant & I will loose 100 lbs by August 2015! i have been over weight majority of my life and enough is enough! This time will be different because i want it more then i ever have before! I will achieve my goal by consistently eating clean, portion control and working out! i'm doing this the all natural way! I do not what all the health risks that come along with obesity! When i'm old and look back on my life i don't want to have any regrets so the time to make a change is now!

Replies

• Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Emilie and I'm a 28 year old Personal Support Worker from Ontario. I'm also going for about a 100lb weight loss.
  • cocobutterrr
    cocobutterrr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you welcome to the group! :)
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and I'd like to lose about 40 lbs. I've done other exercise challenges before, but they changed around too much that I couldn't keep the day straight. This one is straightforward-love it! Thanks.
  • cocobutterrr
    Options
    Nice to meet you and no problem i wanted to keep it very simple so we all can stick to it welcome to the group!:)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a software consultant, and I travel every week for work. I spend 4 nights a week in a hotel room, and love that I can participate! My goal is to make it through the month without pulling a butt muscle...lol. I set a reminder on my phone so I won't forget.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen I have a home daycare so I find it very hard to eat properly with the fridge calling my name, I started a challenge like this before I am hoping to finish this one. Since I started late I am going to try for 50 squats tonight and tomorrow and try to catch up.

I guess I should have read closer it only started today so I am not behind, that is great I was dreading trying to catch up
  • cocobutterrr
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!! & nope your right on time! thanks for joining! Just 15 squats today when your finished check in!:)
  • langel89
    langel89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lea ... I'm 25 yrs old & currently work as a toddler teacher at a learning center.. so thankfully I'm on my feet all day long moving, but I have 80lbs that I'd ideally want to lose and then when I make it to that goal I'll reevaluate. I've been overweight since the 2nd grade, so I really have no idea what its like to be thin. This time my head is completely in it and I know that I can do it this time. Ive been loving the myfitnesspal app and so happy to be a part of a group now and have a challenge to complete and keep my motivated. THANKS Destiny for creating this group! =]
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    I'm Jill and I am thankful to have all of you kicking me in the butt, supporting me, and keeping me accountable! I am a philosophy major at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee with a minor in women's studies. I'm a year and a half from my first bachelors degree and plan on getting my masters and phd in women's studies. I've wanted to loose weight before because I felt my weight made me less of a person. My weight loss attempts were unhealthy and unsustainable. Finally got over that. I am worthy of love and respect no matter my weight. Now I want to loose weight for my health. I was in a car accident last year that broke my leg. I had a lot of surgery on my leg, knee, and minor procedures on my arm. I have a lot of leg and knee pain and am hoping that loosing weight will make it more manageable. I also want to be the first in my family to not have diabetes or high blood pressure due to weight. Right now my goal is to get to 160. I will re-evaluate that goal at some point in the future.
  • Hey everyone! My name is Kasey and I am a 22 year old college senior finishing up a Hospitality Management degree (if I could get my butt in gear this semester...) currently I work on my university's campus as a student worker which allows me time for school :) I've been in an LTR with my high school sweetheart for 6 years and he's a great source of support because he's super into fitness and martial arts. If I wasn't so stubborn, I'd probably have taken his advice to get into shape years ago.

My main motivation for wanting to lose weight is to be healthy... It's something I'm taking control of while I'm in this very transitional phase in life - both of my physical and mental health. I am 5'8 and my CW is ~167.8. I started out at 187 so I've lost 19 lbs so far...after getting lazy this summer, I'm back on track and working hard to get down to 145! Almost every woman in my family and in my boyfriend's family carries extra weight and I'm not going to be one of them anymore! Mentally, it's a bit more difficult as I had sort of a rough upbringing and I feel like the issues I've had stemming from that have been detrimental to my weight loss journey BUT NOT ANYMORE! If I can continue the weight loss and get rid of some of the crazy, I'll be in good shape when I graduate next May, haha :)
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Erica and I'm 21. I'm a Psych student at Kent State University studying Cognition and Neuroscience. I have at least 60 pounds to go until I reach my goal! I've been obese my whole life and I'm just so ready to get this weight off! I'm happy that this group exists so I can squat my butt into shape! :happy:
  • CynCyndi
    Options
    Hey All!

I'm Cyndi and I am 33. I work in the oil and gas field industry. I'm in the process of going back to school to get my Masters; so I will be quite busy with work, school, and my 2 sons:noway:

I would ideally like to lose 40-50 lbs, but I will see how I feel when I get closer to my goal which is how my clothes fit.

This is a new method / process / journey for me. The last couple of years I just let myself go, but prior to that, I was pretty active.

In the month of July, I took part in the 30 squat challenge where the last day I did 250. I will say this, it does make a difference, for sure :happy: ! As soon as I started seeing the changes in just that alone, I decided to join MFP to regulate my eating and learn about what others are doing and how others have succeeded.

Glad to be part of the group:flowerforyou:

Cyn
  • cocobutterrr
    Options
    I love reading everyone's stories! Very inspiring! Even when this challenge is over i would like to keep this group running! Getting to know one another and having people to talk to that have a common goal is very important! Thanks everyone for sharing! I know a year from now we will all be healthy happy people! We just all have to remain consistent. If you have any topics or question please feel free to post in the group i would like us all to become friends and motivational support for each other! :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm Staci - 39 years old but 40 next month. I work as the back office person (bills, payables, payroll, etc.) for a small company & I'm a full time student working on my MBA. Plus I work part time delivering pizza on Friday nights & Sunday afternoon/evenings. Have 3 kids (youngest turns 13 next month, also a 14 year old & 16 year old) and a husband. Life is insane.

I've done the on-again, off-again struggle with weight loss over the years. I was a skinny (not fit) kid, and eventually being lazy and inactive caught up to me. Having kids and getting older perhaps played a role! This time it is really different. I'm focused on NOT being lazy, and not taking the easy way out. I set goals and make sure I hit them. I share these goals with family and friends, which makes it harder to slack off. I want to be healthier, to be able to do anything I desire, and to be a good example for my kids.

For the first time ever I'm in sight of my goal, in terms of weight. No longer really worried about the # on the scale but need to work on building, maintaining muscle. That area has always been my weakest, no pun intended. I think of food as fuel, and plan out my meals. Plans change sometimes, and that's ok, but no matter what I log it all and weigh my food whenever its remotely possible. Sometimes not knowing the nutritional info of something actually makes it seem less tempting.

I like having an online support group. Some days we need a pat on the back, some days a kick in the butt.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Jill, speaking from experience: when we take better care of our bodies, things do get better.

I was in a car accident (January 2003) and broke both my legs. Technically I'm labeled as 51% disabled in my lower body. I thought I would never be able to run. While I would probably not be able to handle the demands of very physical sports, and I'm certainly NOT fast, I have proven myself wrong. I CAN run. Would like to be more consistent and work on endurance and maybe even speed though.

Turned out that my lack of fitness/activity was the only real thing holding me back. Even as a kid I was inactive. It only got worse as an adult and time, metabolism, bad habits, etc. caught up to me.

Sometimes I do have aches in my knees/ankles and would recommend using common sense. Some days you can push yourself harder than others. But ultimately, you decide what you can and can't do.
    I was in a car accident last year that broke my leg. I had a lot of surgery on my leg, knee, and minor procedures on my arm. I have a lot of leg and knee pain and am hoping that loosing weight will make it more manageable. I also want to be the first in my family to not have diabetes or high blood pressure due to weight. Right now my goal is to get to 160. I will re-evaluate that goal at some point in the future.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Tahra and now I'm confused is this a Squat Challenge? I did one last month they don't usually result in weight loss but they make your butt really nice and toned that's what I was hoping for.

Thanks
  • LauraDerp
    LauraDerp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm Laura, 18 years old (my birthday is in November). I'm currently unemployed and taking steps towards getting my high school diploma. I'm taking online courses and meeting with a tutor twice a week and I couldn't be more proud of myself. Less than a year ago, I was just a high school drop out that never got out of bed. The years between 15-17 are a blur of my depression and doing nothing but gaining more weight. I don't know what happened to change all that, one day I just got tired of being tired, I guess. I still have really bad days, but I can appreciate the good ones way more now.

Anyway, I've always been self conscious about my weight. The earliest memory I have of worrying about it was when I asked my mom how much weight I would lose if I didn't eat anything and only drank water. I was around 7 or 8 maybe, and luckily my mom kept an eye on me after that. Still, I was slowly gaining weight. After I dropped out of high school at the age of 15/16, all I did all day was eat, sleep, and go on the computer. I rarely showered, my hair was tangled with horrible knots, and my room was a mess. My outside appearance and surroundings mirrored how I was feeling. Luckily, I started to meet some wonderful people. I made a few online friends who gave me a reason to wake up before 4 in the afternoon. Then I met my now boyfriend. We've been together for 2 years, living together for 1 of those years.

I found the /r/loseit community on reddit and found myself reading through weeks of posts in a single setting. I was so inspired by all these strong people. I took all of their suggestions and joined MFP and stated tracking my calories. I'm 5'3", My starting weight was 250 lbs, my ultimate goal would be 150 lbs. For now, my short term goal is to lose 50 pounds by March (my boyfriends and I's anniversary). I'm really glad I have this great community and group to turn to when I need help :)
  • shellecollins
    shellecollins Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, my name is Micjelle, I'm 26 and currently living in Austin Texas! I graduated from the University of Kansas, and unable to find a job, moved south. I'm now a nanny for a wonderful (teething) little girl. I spend 60 hours a week with her, so it makes eating healthy: lifestyle/schedule/myself a bit of a challenge, but I'm trying. I have two fur babies (Yorkipoo's) named Noodles and Buttons, and two cats named (Moose and Kitchen). I wanted them to have a healthier life, and that helped motivate me.
    I have a LOT of weight to lose, and have been so overwhelmed I couldn't even begin! Because of society I became so self conscious and ashamed I didn't want to get help so I turned inward, and it just became a dark deep hole. Wellllll, in a dark desperate place I was so fed up and tired, I decided I was just going to pay for weight watchers; somehow I found this app/site (again) and boom! Due to some unhealthy relationships, unhealthy eating, and just plain bad habits I know this is going to be a challenge, but I'm ready, thanks to this challenge/group.
    I look forward to helping motivate and encourage you!
  • MyJourney2New
    MyJourney2New Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Shakita. I joined the group on day one but missed the last few days due to a family member's hospitalization. I am definitely up for the challenge of squating and whipping these hips and glutes into shape. I will be playing catch up to get back on track with everyone. I am a busy lady but I finally decided that enough is enough and I had to make my health a priority.

I look forward to squating with you!
  • emteal
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I'm Erica, 28, wife and mom to two daughters. After gaining well over 80 pounds with my first pregnancy (11lbs, 5 oz baby), and roughly 50 pounds with my second (9lb, 13oz baby) I've gotten to the point where enough is enough with the excuses.
    With my kids being almost 7 and 2 and I've been holding on to this extra weight for far toooo long.
    I work full-time and I've just completed my MBA degree which was another excuse with finding time, so I'm looking forward to utilizing my free time now to incorporate healthy eating and exercise to focus finally on ME.

I've been documenting my progress on instagram @ericateal and also on my blog.( Link in my instagram bio)

Looking for encouragement and positive vibes to help me achieve my goals.