Replies

• lorifisher9546
    Options
    hi...what is whole 30?
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Check this out: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/.

Might not be everyone's idea of 'clean eating' but it's working for me so far.

Maria
  • lorifisher9546
    Options
    hi....thanks..i did check it out...
    do you find it difficult???
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm probably doing something between clean and Mediterranean, trying to become vegetarian, but close enough. I've found lots of good recipes for homemade salad dressings, packaged seasoning replacements, and quinoa. I'll look for some to share.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Lori - the first week was pretty tough as I had cravings and was a bit moody & tired....once I got through the weekend, I felt more in control....now on Day 10 and feeling fantastic - loads of energy, positive & happy. And the weight is dropping off and my body is changing.....also my skin is better, my eyes are clearer, my hair is shinier and my nails are stronger. I'm a much nicer person to be around....even my kids told me that I'm being a better mummy!!!! So, yup....it takes a bit of work but the results are SO worth it!
  • ashley_144000
    ashley_144000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm always lookin for mfp friends who eat clean, it's very motivating to me! :) I try and eat clean most of the time, except when I go out to eat or around thanksgiving/Christmas etc. or if it's Saturday. But I love eating clean! It makes me feel great & makes my skin clear, hair shine & all that good stuff!
  • charlestongirl2012
    Options
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/ just wanted to share this link as i was browsing the web one day.
    any one is welcome to add me as a friend.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You can friend me, but I haven't been tracking my food lately.... I've tracked in one form or another for the past 10 years and I'm finding it liberating to NOT track for a bit. I'm sure I will get back to it, but for now I just eat clean and avoid the processed foods. I find I don't need to worry about the calories in/calories out when I do that. :smile:
  • anjol35
    anjol35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend!
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    I can share recipes with you. I'm still personally confused by the clean eating movement. To me it is just how you eat, that's the way we were brought up. Honestly I get a little disgusted with how complicated some of the recipes get. It seems like magazines are having a contest as to who can put the most inconvenient ingredients to find into their recipes. It is about getting back to the basics and doing it well. Here is a personal favorite:

Broccoli
    Water
    Salt

Put broccoli into pot. Just barely covering with water. Add some salt.
    When broccoli is cooked run it, liquid and all through your blender or use an immersion blender.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but if you like broccoli soup, it's really good.

Make it as thick or thin as you want simply by draining or adding water.
    Add cream if you want cream of broccoli.
    I've even dumped leftover soup into the crock pot as part of a venison stew.

Recipe for soup was courtesy of Chef Gordon Ramsey.
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am recommitting my effort to eating clean starting today. I've fallen off the wagon, but making a commitment to get back to it.