Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
14984996908_1ac7c415d6.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Aww, that's a really nice threadstarter. I feel so lucky to have inspiring people right here in this group. Some days it really is because of you guys that I don't give up.

Got up and ran 5k this a.m. It's getting a little easier. Today, music helped bunches. Afterwards, I still had time so I walked a bit. The plan is to hit the gym this afternoon. Will check back in later.

Have a good one y'all!!!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I did a quick run this morning too. Just 2.5 miles for me and Fells though. He did a bit more because I let him chase some squirrels along the way. I never want to get up early enough to do a run, but really like it while doing it and for the rest of the day.

This evening I might just take both dogs for a walk, or maybe do some body weight work, depending on how I feel. I don't want to do anything away from home though like swimming or biking as I think that the dogs have been left alone too much lately.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners!

I worked open to close yesterday almost 9 hrs so crazy day, thank god I don't have that shift until Oct 20th again!

I have appt out of town this morning then hoping to go to new nia class this afternoon , wow with being sick and my trip I haven't gone in two weeks. Mostly doing some short walks to build up strength again and of course all the lifting at work.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your feeling better Marla!

Went out to eat last night because hubby didn't want to take my oldest to piano lessons. Usually I'm cooking dinner while he does this, so it threw a kink in that plan. But ordered the Ensenada chicken at Red Robin which is super tasty and about 350 calories total!
    While dinner ended up being a win for me, I did end up snacking on some cookies before dinner. Luckily, my 6 mile run helped make up for it. But I'm still trying to improve my snacking habits.
    Hubby was working different hours both yesterday and today. Normally he works late and sleeps in, so I run in the mornings. But he's been gone by 6 am so I had to run last night, and will go for. bike ride tonight. Riding bike I don't mind at night, I prefer it since there are almost no cars on the road and they actually see me better with all my flashing lights at night then they do in the day. But running at night is always rough for me. For some reason my stomach doesn't like running with actual food in it. Go figure. I was supposed to do a 3 mile run today and cross train tomorrow but decided to switch since biking at night is obviously more pleasant for me than running. I'm back to a normal schedule tomorrow...thank goodness!

Goals for today:
    No eating after 8pm! The only excretion to this is some chocolate milk for recovery after my bike ride.
    Choose better snacks! I'm hoping. to fall back on fruit and yogurt if I get the urge to munch. That and drink a lot of water ,

Thanks ladies for being inspiring to me! Since joining this group I've been logging every day, and you all have become that voice in my head...knowing I would be telling you about my day later!
  • toeatapeach
    toeatapeach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Love all the positive support and encouragement here- it really helps to keep me motivated.

I stayed up way too late reading and working on some recommendations for a project at work last night, so my plans for a morning run fell through, as did my plans for a packed lunch. My goal for today is to find a healthy lunch and to fit my run in after work. It'll be tight but I know I can do it if I make it a priority.

Keep up the good work everyone!

-Jane
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I had to swim + power walk + bike to keep my calories at a deficit yesterday after splurging at lunch, but I did it. I'm so close to my goal weight I'd really like to focus & just get it done. I have a wedding out of town this weekend so my food & workouts will be hit & miss but I can do well the rest of the time.

Today's thread starter is great & makes me want to share this NSV since it's kind of along the same lines. My cousin's wife works at my local grocery store. She lost about 35 pounds a couple years ago doing Weight Watchers, but was telling me this spring that the weight is starting to creep back up again. She didn't really work out, she just religiously watched what she ate. Monday night I went to the grocery store on the way home from the gym and went through her line (I love her so when she's working I make a point to go through her line), then Tuesday she posted this on my Facebook page: "A fun quick visit with you last night at Super One. You look fantastic and are an inspiration! ... I ran/walked a mile today, mostly ran. Stop coming through my line. It makes me do crazy things."

My trainer is back today! Will head to the gym straight from work and get in my run first. It's going to be cool, overcast & windy, but it is supposed to quit raining anyway. Then I have a strength session with Jason at 7:00.