Check in day three!

Options
Since I had such a bad day yesterday I woke up early to do my 25 squats and a fifteen minute bike ride. I'm going to get some more walking and possibly another bike ride later on. I prepped all to do of my dinner because I will be at school from 11-8:30. Now all I have to do is turn on my steamer and throw the extra pork chops I cooked last night into the microwave. Having a daily fitness question seems to really help everyone so today one of the things I would like to talk about is how you manage fitting in a healthy lifestyle when you have a hectic day. I'm trying to pre-prep dinners so all I have to do is hit a button or two and its done.

Replies

• ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Rocked out my 25 squats on top of my Ripped in 30 and 34 minute walk. My thighs are feeling it. :wink:
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Walked for over an hour this morning, came come and did a major speed clean for 40 minutes and then did my 25 squats.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • CynCyndi
    Options
    Hey, I completed my 25 today, remembering to squeeze the booty :noway: on my way up!

I also did dead lifts, shoulder press, lat pull-downs, lunges, and exercise ball crunches. I walked a little for my warm up and cool down after lifting, but I really do not count that for much.

I will be walking around campus today and I just had a lunch that might cause me to have to workout later on this evening or have a really light dinner:embarassed: !

Cyn
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Oops. Assumed today was 30 & did 30 basics.

The ONLY thing that works for me is multi-tasking. I work a full time desk job, a part time job (~10 hours a week), and I'm a full time grad student. And of course there are 3 kids and the husband - though it does help that my kids are older and responsible for their own chores and such. (Ages 12-16.)

These days I coordinate exercising with study time. I read or watch a video for one of my classes while running in place at my desk during the lunch hour. I lock my office door and strip to shorts & exercise bra. I keep baby wipes & deoderant in my desk so I can freshen up after. In the evenings I do the same but on the treadmill. (Have found it better to walk at a slightly slower pace to read effectively, so I crank up the incline.) If family time includes watching a tv show or movie, its not unusual for me to be behind the couch running in place if I've not yet met my goal for the day.

Dinners these days MUST be fast and easy. I can make anything fit my calorie goals so that helps. Last night was taquitos and I added some baked broccoli for me. Tonight is pork chops w/ green bean casserole & rice. (I actually have a little more time on Wed for dinner prep but baking the pork chops is still very simple.) Tomorrow night is popcorn chicken, potato wedges and salad. Friday night I work so will probably grab Subway between job 1 & job 2. Saturday is my off day (from work!) so I'm planning to make baked pasta w/ hot turkey sausage. Tasty, easy to make and light on calories - but a little more prep involved. Other usual dinners include hot dogs (I buy lean beef hot dogs for me, 60 calories each and they taste good), or baked salmon/tilapia/other fish, pork loin or chicken breasts cooked in the slow cooker.
  • CynCyndi
    Options
    Oops. Assumed today was 30 & did 30 basics.

The ONLY thing that works for me is multi-tasking. I work a full time desk job, a part time job (~10 hours a week), and I'm a full time grad student. And of course there are 3 kids and the husband - though it does help that my kids are older and responsible for their own chores and such. (Ages 12-16.)

These days I coordinate exercising with study time. I read or watch a video for one of my classes while running in place at my desk during the lunch hour. I lock my office door and strip to shorts & exercise bra. I keep baby wipes & deoderant in my desk so I can freshen up after. In the evenings I do the same but on the treadmill. (Have found it better to walk at a slightly slower pace to read effectively, so I crank up the incline.) If family time includes watching a tv show or movie, its not unusual for me to be behind the couch running in place if I've not yet met my goal for the day.

Dinners these days MUST be fast and easy. I can make anything fit my calorie goals so that helps. Last night was taquitos and I added some baked broccoli for me. Tonight is pork chops w/ green bean casserole & rice. (I actually have a little more time on Wed for dinner prep but baking the pork chops is still very simple.) Tomorrow night is popcorn chicken, potato wedges and salad. Friday night I work so will probably grab Subway between job 1 & job 2. Saturday is my off day (from work!) so I'm planning to make baked pasta w/ hot turkey sausage. Tasty, easy to make and light on calories - but a little more prep involved. Other usual dinners include hot dogs (I buy lean beef hot dogs for me, 60 calories each and they taste good), or baked salmon/tilapia/other fish, pork loin or chicken breasts cooked in the slow cooker.

You are super motivating and have a lot on your plate just like me. There are times when I'm watching a movie with the kids and just doing squats or something like that. I did the 30 day squat challenge in July which includes some days with 200 plus squats. In order to get over the burn, I had to do them while watching something otherwise, my focus would be on the hurt LOL...
  • Angee_B
    Angee_B Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Did my 25 after my 50 min walk...my legs are sore today so I'm gonna do extra stretching this evening...
  • smmiranda
    smmiranda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Took the little one and my high schooler to school and got my 25 squats in plus a good pace walk for 70 minutes with the hubbie down to the beach. We are still going to UFC gym this evening as we do M-F with the whole family. Its nice that my husband has a whole month off vacation pay woo hoo he is now my walking partner in the morning.
  • smmiranda
    smmiranda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WOW Staci,

When I was reading your thread it remind me of me. Write now I have a small break until I get placed into student teaching and then it will begin full throttle. I have four children 21-20-17-5 worked full time and full time student. I finished my Masters in Special Education. For Dinner the crock pot is my best friend plus if I am in the mood I will cook for the family all yummy and healthy items. I am just trying to get them to love brown rice and also lots of veges with each meal and portion size. My family and I go to UFC gym MON - FRI. I am trying to lose the weight that I have gained moving here to Hawaii. You Rock MOM!
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    25 squats done! My favorite healthy snack would probably be a nice bowl of fruit (like grapes and such). I wish I could buy grapes at school :((
  • cocobutterrr
    cocobutterrr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for posting this i had a supper busy day i'm just now getting home!!! i actually did my squats on the bball court today! My boyfriend was laughing at me but i don't care in trying to lift this booty! i finished m 25! comment below our favorite healthy snack!! mine is skinny pop popcorn guilt free indulgence!! tomorrow is the big 30! I recommended doing 15 in the am and 15 in the pm good luck ladies! We got this!:)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    25 squats done! My favorite healthy snack would probably be a nice bowl of fruit (like grapes and such). I wish I could buy grapes at school :((

Can you take a snack baggie of grapes to school with you?
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I too did 30....maybe I was super excited for tomorrow....lol

OR

maybe i'm old and i forgot what day it was :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I went to my 2x per week workout class called "Pure Muscle Tone" we did SO many squats. I lost count around 45. Needless to say, I got my squats in :P

My favorite healthy snack is Skinny Pop Popcorn and when i'm indulging i like Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn :D
    My "trick" to making healthy happen is staying on schedule. I get up at the right time and leave myself just enough time to pack my healthy lunch and snack, gym bag, and go to work my day is set. I eat light at work. Go on a walk at lunch, go straight to the gym after work and my favorite time of day is coming home to cook for me and my future hubby :D Keeping myself busy is key.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Can you take a snack baggie of grapes to school with you?

I mean that I can't buy that at school. I live the dorm life and our produce is pretty appalling. I could go to the grocery store, but I'm trying to save money outside of my meal plan. But who knows, maybe I'll come into money soon or get a job again. I desperately need one
  • LauraDerp
    LauraDerp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would be able to get my 25 in today because of how sore my legs were, but I sucked it up and did them at the end of the night. My favourite healthy snack are pomegranate seeds, but when they're not in season I like snacking on grapes or green apples.
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    I think on my super crazy Mondays and Wednesdays I am going to sneak into one of the lesser used bathrooms and do my squats there, lol. I also think I'm going to do the Bolton workout. Bolton is the tallest building (9 or 10 stories) on campus and has the widest staircases. On my breaks I am going to just run up and down the stairs for a set amount of time. #thingspoorcollegekidshavetodotostayfit
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    25 done! woot!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    did my 25 today, going to jog on the spot for 5 mins
  • Just went for a short walk with the boyfriend and dogs and then did my 25 squats when we got back! :)
  • And to answer the daily question, I usually do my exercises late in the evening. As you can see, it's 11:21 pm here and I just checked in a few minutes ago. I'm not super busy these days beyond going to class and work, but I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I work part time in an office on my college campus so I work like 12-5 Mon-Fri. On super hectic days, I'll just try to make sure I eat enough to sustain me to do a run when I get ready. Running is my go to exercise because it's simple and although not EASY, I can usually handle it after a hard day if I've got some good music to power me through it.