I need some advice!

Options
I'm for sure guilty of stress eating! I had join MFP awhile ago, it helped me lose a good chunk of weight that I had been holding on to for a long time! Life has changed for me in the past year and I stopped tracking and slowly turned to my bad food habits again! Any advice on how to get back on track and stay away from those cookies and extra something to eat late at night??

Replies

• big_soul
    Options
    The best thing I've done so far to combat that is to prepare myself to win - instead of not planning ahead and succumbing to office cupcakes/etc, I go to the grocery store every Sunday now and get everything I need to prepare and eat about 4 meals a day - breakfast sandwiches, yogurts for midmorning snack, frozen meals for lunch, fruit bar for afternoon, and food for healthy dinners my partner and I make at home together at night. I also keep 90% dark chocolate at my desk in case I need something sweet. Be patient with yourself for the first few weeks as you swing back into it - remember there is no urgency. You'll get there when you get there and don't stress yourself out by beating yourself up. It just takes time and then the discipline will get easier. :)
  • tanyarasinlic
    tanyarasinlic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think that is just what I needed to hear! I'm gonna try my best! Thanks again!
  • big_soul
    Options
    You got it, sister! You'll be fine, and you have all of us here to lean on. Just remember to love yourself and give it some time. All will be well and we'll all get where we're supposed to be when the time is right. :):)
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It's easier to gain weight than lose it ;) Best advice I can give is just stay plugged in.
  • danielletogether4health
    Options
    Give yourself 120% credit for taking positive steps forward! Just reaching out is sometimes tough for me & you have gotten a lot of great support here
  • tanyarasinlic
    Options
    Thanks all! This is giving me some much needed motivation!!
  • blueeyesal
    blueeyesal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have made the first positive step in addressing the problem and realizing what you want to change and give yourself goals. I have been struggling with the same thing for the past year and I just recently gained some control and started restricting, keeping my cals as low as I can without getting too hungry, but filling up on nutrient rich low calorie foods like veggies and fruits. It's working so far and I've lost 6 lbs in 10 days. You can do this- just keep your eye on the prize and know that you HAVE what it takes, it's all in your head that determines whether you are successful or not. You can do this!! :)
  • blueeyesal
    blueeyesal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh also, the message boards on here are great for support but the MFP "diet" doesn't work for everyone. There's another website that has more users similar to this but they are a little more strict but very supportive, you may want to check out. We encourage each other to do things to keep from overeating and use thinspo/fitspo and encouraging and motivating quotes to remind each other where we are headed. You can and WILL beat this! :)
  • tanyarasinlic
    Options
    What site is that?? I'd like to check it out!
  • patricialeonard
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Last year I lost 52 pounds, then I stopped logging my food, stopped exercising, and went back to my old eating habits. Now I have gained back 20 pounds, and I am so disgusted with myself. I think my biggest problem is boredom and depression. I just re-joined MFP and this group, so hopefully I can lose that 20 pounds, plus about 10 more pounds to reach my goal.