September 12, 2014

Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
10660331_868225233195490_6563823349906478187_n.jpg?oh=c562df5f2caa8870e180f3774c93f981&oe=549B1053

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Bumping thread. Picking son up after school. DH will work a little late. I'm going to want to run after he gets home, so hopefully not too late. Have a good one! TGIF
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I would love to run on that trail!

Rest day today. I AM going to stay within my calories.

Have a great Friday, everyone.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to All!

Trying to bust out of rut, guzzling water, got up early for an intense workout. Pilates tomorrow and swim on Sunday.

Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk (even though the person I was supposed to meet with cancelled) and felt like at least it was something.
  • toeatapeach
    toeatapeach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish there were some trails near me to run on! I hate running through crowds of people in the city and having to wait at lights.

Laura- enjoy your rest day.

Aprilfoodbird - congrats on getting all that exercise in!

So- accountability time. I haven't been paying as much attention to my food as I should have been, and basically dropped too much weight too quickly. Not to mention I've not been cooking- so haven't been all that healthy with what I have been eating. I kind of knew I had been doing it, but have been so swamped with this major project at work (which my boss- of course- want's pushed through in record time) that I figured I'd deal with it after this week was over.

HOWEVER, when I weighed in today I didn't like how much I had dropped so I took the time this morning to readjust all my settings to a higher calorie count. Lifestyle change isn't really about changing one crappy form of eating for another!

Goal: to recognize that my health is just as important as anything else going on in my life and to make investing time in my food prep/eating/exercise a priority every day.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My exercise today is major house cleaning...having company this weekend and also packing for trip Sun-Wed, tomorrow will be gone all day at music festival, if you ever watched the Voice, Vicci Martinez will be there, she likes our town and is from WA state.

We are volunteering beginning of day, that way we get in free and get a t-shirt!

I had a good week and made it back into the 30's, 139...major challenge to keep it with eating out next 5 days.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS MARLA!! THE CROWD IS GOING WILD!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Jane, I totally feel what you say about city running. I like it because it's never boring with all its obstacles, but I don't like the long stops at highway crossings and the constant off/on sidewalks because of cars & motorcycles parked there. Anymore, I just run in the street with the moving cars.

Yay Marla! Keep it up!

Wellll, run didn't happen today for various reasons, not the least of which is working on homework with my son saps the life out of me. He was so absorbed in English this Summer (speaking, reading), that getting back to Greek will take an adjustment. And here I am trying to help him with spelling and writing and I don't even speak the language. Anyway, after I got dinner into the oven, I went out for a walk, went to Plaka and picked up some military shorts to run in, since I'd ripped the pair I'd been using. (I like the cargo pockets so I don't have to wear a backpack). Also, feeling pretty sore today and feel like my muscles needed some down time. Gonna hafta do some running this weekend. Hope the weather cooperates.

Hava good one!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Jane eating healthy is the important thing, so good for you for recognizing equally unhealthy habits and taking steps to address them.

Congrats Marla on the 130s! I hope to meet you there soon.

Closed out my diary and assuming I actually quit eating, I will have squeaked in under my calorie budget today. I had an eye appointment late afternoon then went shopping (Target, a sporting goods store that MFP doesn't like the name of, Sam's Club & finally the gas station) so it was nearly 8:00 before I got home.